Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Servo current draw

Hi guys,
    need to pick some of your brains again..
    the current draw for the hitec HS-65HB servo at idle is 7.4mA and 945mA when stalled.. so if all my 10 servos are at max deflection, the whole system will draw 945mA x 10 = 9.45A???
    so the question is how big of a UBEC do i need to run 10 HS65s to be on the safe side? is a 5A UBEC safe enough for normal operations?
    tks

What are the chances all 10 of your servos stalls at the same time while in operation ?
    Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostfit View Post
      What are the chances all 10 of your servos stalls at the same time while in operation ?
      he is building a robot i think .

Comment

So far the Western Robotics BECs have been very reliable

[I][SIZE="2"][B][COLOR="Red"]Radio Control Sports Pte Ltd[/COLOR][/SIZE][/I]

[url]http://www.radiocontrol-sports.com[/url]
        [url]http://www.facebook.com/RadioControlSports[/url][/B]

Comment

haha.. no robot lah.. picked up an SU-34 recently and it's got 10 servos. i've replaced them with HS65s .. tho it's true unlikely all 10 will be stalled, so i'm wondering what the draw for all these servos are at normal ops.. 5A hobbywing ubec is the biggest i have will it be enough? is there a rule-of-thumb for UBECs?

Comment

Don't even have to worry about the stall current. If all 10 servos are stalling, even if just 5 servos are at stall, the amp draw will be the least of your concern. Stall current is not equal to the current your servos will draw at max deflection. You should not even see anything close. Normal operation in flight current draw will probably be like 20% or less of the stall current...

sigpic

Comment

great tks for the info.. looks like 5A will be sufficient if it's only 20% of the stall current draw.. i'll try that out and see how i go...

Comment

Working...
              X