Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Dual-Bander 6EXHP

bros,

i just want to share the pic of my moded Futaba 6EXHP coz its now a dual bander tx

the green light below the two antenna is the indicator if my 2.4Ghz is active

and i can change from 72Mhz to 2.4Ghz with just a flick of a switch

now im on the process of doing bench test and range test of my tx

thanks for viewing

Originally posted by aeromech View Post
    bros,

i just want to share the pic of my moded Futaba 6EXHP coz its now a dual bander tx

the green light below the two antenna is the indicator if my 2.4Ghz is active

and i can change from 72Mhz to 2.4Ghz with just a flick of a switch

now im on the process of doing bench test and range test of my tx

thanks for viewing
    hmm, wat are the advantages by doing this?

Comment

Instead of flicking a switch to change between GHz and MHz, maybe u can modify your circuitry by connecting both GHz and MHz module together in parallel instead. Since your TX antennas are separate piece, enable both GHz and MHz at the same time do not cause any problem (except TX draw more current from your TX battery).

By having both GHz and MHz on at the same time, u don't bother about whether have u flick the switch to the correct frequency before u fly

SH

Comment

SH,

Do you mean flying 2 x Plane in formation ? 1 on 2.4 and 1 on FM ?
        ------------------------------------

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

my advantage to this mod is that i have alot of 72mhz rx before and its hard to sell them out so atleast i can still use them and i have also the advantage buying cheap reliable 2.4GHz rx for my new projects. .usually i dont remove my rx from my rc's and they have their own rx for each rc and i dont have to upgrade them all and save me money

bro SH as much as i want to do that by not using switch i dont want to consume much current from battery and i cant use the two frequency unless i want to do a dualband receiver on my project for safety due to redundancy

Comment

Hehe! U read my mind. I was thinking of having 2 channel redundancy! Nah...not really necessary to have 2 channels

Comment

cool idea.. you should share your schematics, and let us know how the tests go..

Comment

bro futaba and spektrum created a fail safe module like the power module which has 2 power input and the module tends to make a reliable power supply by alternating the 2 power source and what i and SH was thinking was to also create a receiver redundancy to be able to provide reception signal loss free module. .

actually i have done it before with a 27Mhz and 72Mhz dual bander receiver in the philippines where i was using rc tx and rx controller to control my directional antenna and watts booster so i can get the best reception. .

the 4 channel sticks (channel 1 to 4) was providing inputs for the combined tx module the 27mhz and 72mhz (means i one input and 2 output dual bander module)

its reliable but too much for rc to use. .hehehehhehhe

Comment

check this corona 2.4Ghz DIY system out...

Comment

How is the resolution like?

I believe after the signal is converted into PPM, there'd be some inaccuracies in the signal,

then further conversion from PPM into 2.4ghz would also have additional inaccuracies...

this leads me to suspect that system would have lesser resolution than a tx that was built for 2.4ghz. But how's the real world experience like?
                    Sengkang random flier

Comment

Upon further reading, it appears that the mod kit is to be connected to the PPM output, and not the transmitter antenna... so the part about radio signal inaccuracy is probably invalid

I'm going to jump the gun and get one
                      Sengkang random flier

Comment

Working...
                      X