Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Assan 2.4Ghz System User - Need your help

Hi Guys,

As I had run out of rx crystals, I decided to use the Assan 2.4 system on my recently acquired edf plane. I installed the Assan X8F tx module in my Futaba 8UAP and proceeded to bind the X8R6 rx. No problem at all. I proceeded to connect the edf plane servos to the rx. Test it and taxi the plane in my living room. All system go. The LED on the module and rx is ok. However, when I progressively increased the throttle, the signal is intermittently lost for a few seconds. I could regain back the signal after I moved the servos. Dunno wats going on there.

Presuming that it could be some binding issues, I decided to rebind the rx. Turn off and on the tx. Tx some beeps. Move channel 2 lever up & down and proceeded to power up the rx by connecting bind plug to signal pins at channels 1 &3 of the rx (top pins) and jst lead of a 7.2V nicd battery to the "+" and "-" pins at the "B" channel of the rx.. Suddenly, rx short-circuited . Dunno wat happened there. I could have reversed the nicd battery lead when I insert the jst leads. . My x8R6 rx is gone (burnt smell).

I have another 2.4ghz rx- X8R7. Similar construction but when I look closer there is no "B" channel on this rx. Below are my queries :-

1) Which channel to use in absence of "B" channel on the X8R6 rx to power up the X8R7 rx during the binding process?;

2) Is my X8R7 Rx pins polarity correctly labelled i.e top pin - "signal", middle - "+", bottom "-"?

3) Is there any limitation on the voltage to be used to power up receiver during the binding process without the use of an esc?

Bros, please help. I have tried looking at the youtube video on the binding process but still unsure. I had misplaced the manual but the instruction guide is not very helpful.

Thank you.

Assan 2.4Ghz System User - Need your help Hi Guys,

Attached photos of the two rxs.

Comment

i would think you have reversed the lead wrongly like what you said. You seems to have done everything according to the manual.

I have binded several assan rx without any problem. However, i only use 4.8v rx pack on futaba plug so i have less chance of plugging the power wrongly.

1) any channel can be use as Batt but i usually just plug to the last channel.

2) yes, i checked mine and its the same

3) manual says >3.6v

there is a thread in RCgroup where tHe assan rep is there. Maybe u can post ur question there. BTW what futaba tx u using, is it a 9c super? I have problem using it on my 3pk super

Comment

The top is signal, middle is V+, lower is ground.

All V+ and ground are shorted together, so it doesnt matter which ch you plug your battery in.

Most RX can take 6V, by plugging in a 7.2V battery may be too much for the assan RX.

Comment

Tx skyblueblue and zxyong for the help. Appreciate it. More confident to do the rx bind. Need to find my 4.8V rx first. Thanks you, guys.

Anyone had similar problem like mine. Not the burnt rx la. but the short lost signal when throttled up after rx had been bind (throttle no response momentarily but other channels working fine). Will try another plane to see after I bind the rx. My fly buddy told me that it could be due to esc cut-off.
          Still wondering what is the cause? Tx I am using for the 2.4Ghz Assan is Futaba 8UAP.

Comment

hi

hello,

i am currently using a JR9XII with Assan for my heli. So far so good..No problem with it!

I am not sure whats wrong with it..Like others said, you seem to have binded it using the right procedures. It should have been fine.

In my flying field,a lot of people use Assan and they suggested it to me. I am very happy with it. So are they.

But, most likely connecting a 7.2 V battery to the rx damaged it. I think most rx take about 6 V only. Like someone mentioned, you can connect to any channel as long as you are supplying power to rx.

i usually use the built-in BEC from an ESC to do binding. i dont have any rx battery.

Comment

Originally posted by ManOnTheMoon View Post
              hello,

i am currently using a JR9XII with Assan for my heli. So far so good..No problem with it!

I am not sure whats wrong with it..Like others said, you seem to have binded it using the right procedures. It should have been fine.

In my flying field,a lot of people use Assan and they suggested it to me. I am very happy with it. So are they.

But, most likely connecting a 7.2 V battery to the rx damaged it. I think most rx take about 6 V only. Like someone mentioned, you can connect to any channel as long as you are supplying power to rx.

i usually use the built-in BEC from an ESC to do binding. i dont have any rx battery.
              Tx, Manonthemoon.

A few more qns. Do you connect the capacitor when using the rx? Where to connect?

Tx.

Comment

Oh yea, the cap is freaking big, i dont use it.

If you want, just connect it to any spare channels, red to middle and black to lower.

Comment

hi

i dont use the capacitor too! the binding plug is just enough

hope it helps.

Comment

Originally posted by rba View Post
                    Hi Guys,

As I had run out of rx crystals, I decided to use the Assan 2.4 system on my recently acquired edf plane. I installed the Assan X8F tx module in my Futaba 8UAP and proceeded to bind the X8R6 rx. No problem at all. I proceeded to connect the edf plane servos to the rx. Test it and taxi the plane in my living room. All system go. The LED on the module and rx is ok. However, when I progressively increased the throttle, the signal is intermittently lost for a few seconds. I could regain back the signal after I moved the servos. Dunno wats going on there.

Presuming that it could be some binding issues, I decided to rebind the rx. Turn off and on the tx. Tx some beeps. Move channel 2 lever up & down and proceeded to power up the rx by connecting bind plug to signal pins at channels 1 &3 of the rx (top pins) and jst lead of a 7.2V nicd battery to the "+" and "-" pins at the "B" channel of the rx.. Suddenly, rx short-circuited . Dunno wat happened there. I could have reversed the nicd battery lead when I insert the jst leads. . My x8R6 rx is gone (burnt smell).

I have another 2.4ghz rx- X8R7. Similar construction but when I look closer there is no "B" channel on this rx. Below are my queries :-

1) Which channel to use in absence of "B" channel on the X8R6 rx to power up the X8R7 rx during the binding process?;

2) Is my X8R7 Rx pins polarity correctly labelled i.e top pin - "signal", middle - "+", bottom "-"?

3) Is there any limitation on the voltage to be used to power up receiver during the binding process without the use of an esc?

Bros, please help. I have tried looking at the youtube video on the binding process but still unsure. I had misplaced the manual but the instruction guide is not very helpful.

Thank you.
                    Hi sorry to hear you burn the RX. Please try to remember when the pack says 7.2V Nicad does not mean it is 7.2 V. when the cells are fully charge it will hit 8.4v or some even higher.

Most receiver max voltage is 6.5V so i guess you over voltage and kill the RX.
                    It is also possible that you have reverse the voltage. Both of which will kill the receiver.

Cheers

Comment

Tx. Babylon. Lessons learnt.
                      Tested the second receiver on my yak 55 and easy glider pro. Good response and range.

Comment

Working...
                      X