Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hitec Aurora 9

anyone bought it? no instruction manual, feels incomplete....

I saw and try in Rotor hobby last two days ago, found out easy to use , I think you can download the manual in Hitec web.

Comment

I got it. No manual because the Hitec still develop the manual.
      According to the Hitec representative, it is in the proof reading stage and should be ready for download in this week. Hope they didn't delay it.

In the mean time, most of the functions are available in video in Youtube format.

EDIT: BTW, the telemetry (or feedback from RX to TX) is still in development. Right now, you only have feedback on RX power supply to TX. It is build into the Receiver. The rest like motor RPM, fuel guage and etc is called "Data Station" I think, will only be available by the end of this year. Also, the programming device, "HPP-22" not out yet also.

One thing I feed disappointed is that, it does not have "Throttle Reverse" (function to reverse the throttle stick position). This function is available in Futaba TX. Because of that, for person like me who prefer throttle stick on top is 0%, have no choice but to reverse the throttle and pitch curve.

Already feedback to Hitec representative about the "THR-REV" function but they are doubt their engineers will implement that function because they feel that it is a rare incident. Too bad.

SH

Comment

Aurora 9 Trainer socket

Hi All,

I was lucky to get to see it at Rotor the first day it arrived (last Fri)! The idea just dawned in my head that I wanted to see what kind of Trainer socket was on this new Aurora 9, since I own an Eclipse 7.

Turns out that the Aurora's Trainer socket looks externally like a 3.5mm headphone audio socket, I think similar to JR's?

Too bad, I won't be ble to carry my older Futaba/Hitec 6-pin DIN simulator cable over to it as is.
        ... It's in the Details... :>

Comment

The trainer port for Aurora is those audio jack type.

U might wonder why the antenna wire from 2.4GHz TX module to 2.4GHz "Rubber Ducky" antenna is routed outside...compare to other brands which route inside or the antenna is mounted onto the TX module.

The reason is that... u can actually plug out the 2.4GHz module, dismantle the 2.4GHz antenna (antenna mounting/dismounting to TX is similar to normal Hitec/Futaba type) and then plug in your normal Hitec PPM/QCPM or Futaba PPM module. Then screw in your conventional 25MHz, 40MHz and 72MHz antenna. Voila! Your Aurora 9 now become a normal 25MHz/40MHz/72MHz TX

SH

Comment

I wonder whether this JR-type audio Trainer socket has the same functionality as the old 6-pin DIN socket, where pin 4 and 5 can be shorted to turn off the transmit function of the RF module. This has been very useful when 'flying' on a PC simulator where you don't need the RF signal sent out, and even more important when the Aurora is the 'Trainee' Tx in a buddy-box setup.

I wonder what the JR-style trainer socket is like electrically, and whether Hitec is following JR's standard.

Anyway it's nice that Hitec has finally come up with a new Tx
            ... It's in the Details... :>

Comment

The Aurora 9 allow to turn on without enable the frequency transmission

SH

Comment

Does it have a software swash-ring ?
                Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

Comment

Swash ring....hmm. I think I did not see it. Have to wait for the manual to come out to confirm it.

SH

Comment

wow congrats man. Try out the telemetry functions.
                    Chuang Yee

[COLOR="DarkOrange"][SIZE="1"]Thunder Tiger G4 Nitro & G4 E720, Goblin 500, 630 & 700, Compass 7HV, JR NEX 50 FBL Nitro, Logo 550SX, Blade 130x, Shuttle Plus 2+, Hirobo SDX thats all [/SIZE][/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by chuangyee View Post
                      wow congrats man. Try out the telemetry functions.
                      So far the only telemetry feature available is only readback RX battery.

The rest required "Data Station"...which only be available by the end of this year.

SH

Comment

u know whats the SPS thingie on the rx?

Comment

U mean SPC?
                          If yes, it stand for:
                          "Supplemental Power Connection"

According to the Hitec Representative, that one allow u to connect to another power source. By having 2 power source, your RX will not go to shutdown when the primary power source goes flat. The RX will feedback to TX and the TX will buzz till the primary battery goes flat.

SH

Comment

Thanks Mr Hornet. Do you also know if there are indeed 2 modes that the RX and TX operate on, like r*t*r's website has described?

Comment

If u talking about scanning and non scanning mode... I not sure. We have to wait for the manual to be available and see how.

SH

Comment

Working...
                              X