X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No. of S??

How to define the no. of S for flying?
    Based on ESC or motor?

Initially, base on manufacturer's recommendation.

Then slowly the devil gets the better of u and............

Comment

depends on many factors..... e.g. what u flying.....big plane/heli or small plane/heli....

some people fly a 450 size with 3s & some fly with 6s.....
      After so many years, I am still a beginner

Comment

OIC,the deciding factor is lies with the pilot........not ESC or motor...
        Thanks.

Comment

As what Adrianli said, start with the default spec 1st. Then tweak accordingly when u are confident on it later.

How many cell (s) is up to u....but:
          1. Too big battery and your aircraft will become heavy.
          2. Too small battery and your battery will "injured" because it cannot handle the load.
          3. Too many cell and your ESC cannot handle it because there is a maximum number of voltage it can handle. Thus, to go lets say 6S, you need to know whether can your ESC handle that voltage or not (4.2V x 6). Therefore, if u want to go high cells, u need to check your ESC and change ESC to higher voltage, if it cannot handle it.
          4. Too many cell (and thus voltage) and your motor cannot handle it. Again, if u want to go high cell, u need to check motor spec and change accordingly.

Take example, I did experiment running a TRex450 size motor with 9S and the motor start producing funny smell (burning copper wire enemal insulator) after like a few minutes. (Yes, I try with High Voltage ESC that can handle 12S)

SH

Comment

Lemme take this opportunity to share about my 450size heli power setup.

I flying Beam heli (450size), recently started using Rhino 1750mAh 4s lipo with my Zpower Z10a (3300kv) motor.

My 4s lipo weighs about 20grams more than my 3s lipo. Running 4s at 85% throttle with 10T pinion. 3s setup with 13T pinion at 95% throttle for almost similar headspeed around 2900rpm.

Same 4 min flight time as when using 2200mAh 3s. Slightly more consistent and less boggable especially in first 2 or 3 mins of flight. Batteries are barely warm after flight, under/around 40 deg celcius.

Comment

Working...
            X