Clear All

technical help nedded for slowstick

slowstick
    motor - 300c
    gear - d
    battery - 8 1/2a
    ecs - 300
    prop - 1180

i can't seems to fly this baby for long. the fastest i fly is 1min before the motor shut off. help needed pls. tried with different batt also the same.

care to tell us your receiver and the location u fly?

coz i had this problem with my easystar before. Then i realise that the receiver is very short range.

also the field i fly has a serious interference problem.

Hope this help.

Originally posted by adzim
    slowstick
    motor - 300c
    gear - d
    battery - 8 1/2a
    ecs - 300
    prop - 1180

i can't seems to fly this baby for long. the fastest i fly is 1min before the motor shut off. help needed pls. tried with different batt also the same.
    Plane need plasters too. Coz they injure too, just like human

Comment

Originally posted by adzim
      slowstick
      motor - 300c
      gear - d
      battery - 8 1/2a
      ecs - 300
      prop - 1180

Change your propeller to 1080 and your GWS speed controller.
      Try to use other brand speed controller instead of GWS, I have very bad experience with GWS esc-400, but great success with GWS esc-100....hmm not sure about GWS esc-300.

Hope that this will be a help to you.

Comment

ya i ave problem with GWS 480. 400 still ok for me , jsut htat i dun throttle full for long time

Originally posted by Simys
        Change your propeller to 1080 and your GWS speed controller.
        Try to use other brand speed controller instead of GWS, I have very bad experience with GWS esc-400, but great success with GWS esc-100....hmm not sure about GWS esc-300.

Hope that this will be a help to you.

Comment

Francis, perhaps you can share your bad experiences with an ICS480? I have one of those... and I wanna know what to expect!

Comment

I had ok experience and no problem with ICS 480. Flew it on screamo and noisybee, just about the right performance for the price I would say.
            Stop looking for a gyro in my plane, they are all in the head.

Comment

receiver is hitec hs04mg n flying at woodlands site
              Originally posted by francis87
              care to tell us your receiver and the location u fly?

coz i had this problem with my easystar before. Then i realise that the receiver is very short range.

also the field i fly has a serious interference problem.

Hope this help.

Comment

i would say it;s the fault of ICS480.

just that it will set itself to cut when i full throttle for long, around more than 1 minute, when i am using 400 motor.

Maybe it's my itchy finger after all.

anyway, the wire is a bit think also lah . so i cant blame it anyway.

i switch to isc400, and the problem solved

Originally posted by csisfun
                Francis, perhaps you can share your bad experiences with an ICS480? I have one of those... and I wanna know what to expect!

Comment

opps. not asking me ah ?

anyway, that's my experience lah. Not sure what about francis' .

gotto ask him

actuallt some of my firends also have problem with 480. many ofthm rather spend more money on other brand or GWS isc600

Comment

yeow hijacked my answer

hey frank, dont be busybody ok or not ? haha, why hijack my answer?

dont do it next time.

Back to the question. I find the ISC480 wiring for battery, is a bit thin. I flew with it for my easy star, problem arise. maybe i use a battery with high discharge?

But GWS plane still ok.

So, i gave it to yeow. of course, i warn him of the problem.

Comment

I would think it is the LVC at play, did you guys measure the amp draw of your applications and see how low the voltage dropped to? I switched to 1250 2s kokam for my 15 amp draw application and found it to cut LVC later. I get longer flying time on 1250 than I have on kokam 1500. Pretty odd, I would point to the LVC at play, perhaps it was set at factory at a slightly higher cutoff point than usual?
                      Stop looking for a gyro in my plane, they are all in the head.

Comment

1 min to LVC is really odd....so I take it the battery is new not used for many time before.... right ? As for old battery even for Nicad... it will not hold much of power under load....once that happen the voltage will drop and I mean real fast....and than will cause the ESC LVC to kick in. Same for lipo if the discharge is higher than what it is design for then the voltage will not hold and drop fast.... So if you have a spare new or better battery do a test on the ground at full throttle ..... best connect a volt or multi meter across the motor terminal to monitor the voltage level.... ideal case will be to use a amp meter to measure the load too. If the voltage hold above 6V at motor but ESC LVC kick in then you have a faulty ESC. As if not miss taken the LVC for those GWS ESC is at 4.8V... Your configuration should draw less than 10 amp.

BTW I have been using the 300 on SS 350 motor with 1180 prop without problem and still using the 300 for my now twinmotor SS. Battery used is 1200 2S lipo and 1200 3S lipo respectively

Comment

Working...
                        X