Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What motor and ESC should i change to???

Collapse

Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What motor and ESC should i change to???

I have a TT-01E and im using the Tamiya SuperStock the blue box one and a stock TT-01E ESC,i wan to change my motor but i have to change my ESC,what motor and ESC should i change to..

And should i get Brushless??

If possible plz tell me the price too..Thx

Shaun
    sigpicTeam Magic E4JS....

Originally posted by shaunlim911 View Post
    I have a TT-01E and im using the Tamiya SuperStock the blue box one and a stock TT-01E ESC,i wan to change my motor but i have to change my ESC,what motor and ESC should i change to..

And should i get Brushless??

If possible plz tell me the price too..Thx

Shaun
    brushless gives you more power (be it in terms of speed (kv) or torque as they are inversely related), but also comes at a higher price, not forgetting that you need to change the ESC as well, the cost will most likely double your current brush system (for a simple set), for good ones it could go up to 10 times the price.

so unless you really need the power, i'd say just stick to your current system, but then again it's good to explore into brushless ;o) do seek help if u need to

Comment

im thinking of a nosram brushless or a hobbywing brushless but im still not sure what to get.But the motors im looking at is combo with ESC.

Cheers,
      Shaun

Comment

Originally posted by shaunlim911 View Post
        im thinking of a nosram brushless or a hobbywing brushless but im still not sure what to get.But the motors im looking at is combo with ESC.

Cheers,
        Shaun
        Hobbywing is good. Best to get the sensored types but exp. BTw HW has 2 types of sensored brushless esc. One type is the xerun and the other the 80A/150A sensored brushless esc for trucks. The latter is cheaper but very heavy. My 80A weights 178g.

If u dun need a sensored type then just go for the HW 60A (small light and very cheap). If u wan alot of power then go for those 540 size brushless motor. Ezrun brushless motor are actually 380 in size but trust me, they are powerful enough for normal runs or drifting. Just that 540 will propel your car even faster. And get at least a 60A for your car if you dun want heat problems.
        Modded Esavage + 4S lipo + KB45 2300KV + HW150A
        Brushless Esky Lama with dual swash
        Esky Dauphin
        Walkera Lama 2
        Walkera 5G6
        Sparrowhawk XB + 2S lipo + 60A brushless esc + 6000kv motor.
        Brushless Mini LST + single servo mod
        Brushless Micro-T

Comment

Originally posted by LittleGiant View Post
          Hobbywing is good. Best to get the sensored types but exp. BTw HW has 2 types of sensored brushless esc. One type is the xerun and the other the 80A/150A sensored brushless esc for trucks. The latter is cheaper but very heavy. My 80A weights 178g.

If u dun need a sensored type then just go for the HW 60A (small light and very cheap). If u wan alot of power then go for those 540 size brushless motor. Ezrun brushless motor are actually 380 in size but trust me, they are powerful enough for normal runs or drifting. Just that 540 will propel your car even faster. And get at least a 60A for your car if you dun want heat problems.
          Oh and if you are getting the big escs, the 80A should more than suffice for your application in an onroad car that is less than 1.5 Kg. You can remove the fan (around 30g towards with 4 M6 screws - only if you have no problem running the esc without the fan), change the wires to a smaller gauge type or shorten them. You should be able to reduce the weight to aound 140g or slightly less.

And to add on for the sensorless type, either you get the HW60A or Mamba max. Mamba max is rated up to 100A continuos and is smoother than the HW.
          Modded Esavage + 4S lipo + KB45 2300KV + HW150A
          Brushless Esky Lama with dual swash
          Esky Dauphin
          Walkera Lama 2
          Walkera 5G6
          Sparrowhawk XB + 2S lipo + 60A brushless esc + 6000kv motor.
          Brushless Mini LST + single servo mod
          Brushless Micro-T

Comment

thx for the explanation i will check it out 1st b4 buying

Cheers,
            Shaun

Comment

Working...
            X