Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Project Help !!

is it possible to have 3 speed controllers in one receiver ??? anyone tried before ?? cause my project uses 3 motors .

Can, but you need to disable BEC for 2 controllers.

1 esc for each channel, also can!
    "Always fly with a responsible attitude. You may think that flying low over other people’s heads is proof of your piloting skill; others know better. The real expert does not need to prove himself in such childish ways..." - the Multiplex Build Manual

Comment

ESC read/interpret signal coming from RX is the same as servo. Thus, u can actually connect all o/p from RX to esc. E.g, 8 channel RX can have total of 8 ESC and thus, 8 motors.

For Channel #3 (Hitec/Futaba), it is on the throttle stick. And, normally that stick is at minimum position when u power up. The channel #1, #2, #4 are default to be 50% position (because the stick is at 50%). Channel #6, #7, #8 and so on is depend on how you program it. Now, most TX do not allow u to reassign Channel #1 to #4 to other control (switch or knob).

ESC has a protection whereby when power up, it will sense the i/p signal. If that signal is not at minimum, it will not initialize till u set it to minimum 1st.

With the above, all u need to figure out in order to use which channel and how to tie some stick/knob to a channel. The only thing is u have to do is to figure out how to control the ESC. Remember that ESC MUST sense minimum position in order to initialize. Take example, if u use channel #4 (rudder). your ESC will not initialize until u move the rudder stick to one side 1st. But if u let go the rudder stick, the rudder stick will bounce to 50% and therefore, your motor will spin at %50 liau!

SH

Comment

Can't you just solder the three ESC inputs together, in parallel? I did that for 2 ESC in my P-38. I suspect the same might work for 3 ESC? You just need a damn powerful battery to power the setup.

Comment

Due to requester never define how he/she want the ESC to be.

3 Motors controlled by 1 stick:
          Connect all 3 ESC to the same channel (connect in parallel)

3 Motors controlled by 1 stick BUT each motor has its own trim:
          Connect all 3 ESC to 3 different channel. Lets say Ch#3 = ESC-A, Ch#6 = ESC-B, Ch#5 or 7 or 8 = ESC-C. Then program/set Channel #5 and #6 /7/8 to "slave" channel 3. U can use Ch#6 as collective pitch and set collective pitch to be the same as #3 (throttle).

Each motor is controller independently to a stick/knob/switch:
          Connect all 3 ESC to 3 different channel. Assign each channel to a stick/knob/switch.

SH

Comment

Connecting together only works for brush ESC.

BL got to go separate & for >1 ESC, ideally to disable the BEC function by removing the red/black wire & use an external power source.

Comment

Originally posted by joed View Post
              Connecting together only works for brush ESC.

BL got to go separate & for >1 ESC, ideally to disable the BEC function by removing the red/black wire & use an external power source.
              Eh.... I think the requester already stated "is it possible to have 3 speed controllers in one receiver"

That mean 3 ESC. Not 3 motor to 1 ESC.

SH

Comment

Working...
              X