Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to repair transformer/Power supply??

Collapse

Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to repair transformer/Power supply??

I got this power supply (blackbox)that initially output DC 13.++V, indicated 12V. but yesterday suddenly made my charger beeped for wrong voltage, so i checked with multimeter shown the output become DC 24.5+V !

I think there is something not right with the unit, so now i temparary use back another DC ps which output 15.++V DC. in orange box.

NOW, where can i send this blackbox PS for service/repair? anyone got good recommendation??

Thanks a lot in advance..!!

Flying RC is like dating a girl...;)

Voltage going from +12V to +24V... check whether is it accidentally toggle the input voltage switch from 240V to 120V boh?

EDIT: Solid stage regulator type.. if the above don't have the switch, then your PSU really die liau I think.

SH

Comment

My power supply also gave me problems lately. I sent it to Mr Ling at SLT for repair. Its the corner shop near the escalator on the top level.

Kaichin Electronics (S) Pte Ltd
      10 Jalan Besar
      #03-25
      Sim Lim Tower
      Singapore 208787

Tel : 6299 0375
      Fax : 6298 2996
      Email : kaichinemail@yahoo.com

Comment

ps

Voltage going from +12V to +24V... check whether is it accidentally toggle the input voltage switch from 240V to 120V boh?

EDIT: Solid stage regulator type.. if the above don't have the switch, then your PSU really die liau I think.

SH
        my ps do hv input selector for 120 240V AC. but i 'm sure not touch it since day 1 i setted it to 240. but does'n it will burn if input voltage wrong? 120 and 240 big diff wo??

My power supply also gave me problems lately. I sent it to Mr Ling at SLT for repair. Its the corner shop near the escalator on the top level.

Kaichin Electronics (S) Pte Ltd
        10 Jalan Besar
        #03-25
        Sim Lim Tower
        Singapore 208787

Tel : 6299 0375
        Fax : 6298 2996
        Email : kaichinemail@yahoo.com
        Thks Adrianli!

Comment

don't put 120.... and you will definitely will get a early POW !!! ahead of Chinese New Year !~
          ------------------------------------

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

ps

REST ASSURE i wont soo stupid la...hehehe

Btw checked with the shop at SLT which i bought this PS. they said if this happen(they never heard this b4!) mean the unit 'phai' liao means i need to buy new 1.

see this, currently i hv 1 unit at M;sia which 240V ac in, dual 12V DC out, 8A.
            used for years bought years back cost ard $80(not inc'd mod cooling fan,3pin plugs etc). i personaly found its realiable then this black MW PS.
            What u all think about this, found similar small unit at SLT yesterday,selling $40 for 5A 12V output. worth buying?? tot will use bk the MW box to put in the $40 unit and add 1 more output for banana plugs.

TRC simplifies the selection and purchase of power supplies. With expertise in AC/DC power supplies, LED drivers, and DC/DC converters, TRC helps to eliminate complexities in choosing the right power source for your needs.

Comment

I use computer power supply instead.

I bought ATX power supply that has dual rail. That mean there is 2 output of 12V. One side of 12V will not load down or share current with the other "Rail" or 12V.

By doing so, I can connect 2 charger to 1 power supply. I can't remember the currently but I think it is 10A per rail and price is around $7x.xx or $8x.xx

SH

Comment

Originally posted by alex_bong View Post
                I got this power supply (blackbox)that initially output DC 13.++V, indicated 12V. but yesterday suddenly made my charger beeped for wrong voltage, so i checked with multimeter shown the output become DC 24.5+V !

I think there is something not right with the unit, so now i temparary use back another DC ps which output 15.++V DC. in orange box.

NOW, where can i send this blackbox PS for service/repair? anyone got good recommendation??

Thanks a lot in advance..!!
                it look like the regulator is got in the PS...
                240ac goto 24ac transformer goto a bridge cct(cheap 1 using 4diode) then to the voltage regulator(depend on output voltage)... in your case, it is a 12V regulator, you can try to go SLT to get the regulator to replace it...

Comment

atx

I use computer power supply instead.

I bought ATX power supply that has dual rail. That mean there is 2 output of 12V. One side of 12V will not load down or share current with the other "Rail" or 12V.

By doing so, I can connect 2 charger to 1 power supply. I can't remember the currently but I think it is 10A per rail and price is around $7x.xx or $8x.xx

SH
                  I do hv 2 used atx ps in storeroom. but hard to mod le, maybe u can help me to do it??

it look like the regulator is got in the PS...
                  240ac goto 24ac transformer goto a bridge cct(cheap 1 using 4diode) then to the voltage regulator(depend on output voltage)... in your case, it is a 12V regulator, you can try to go SLT to get the regulator to replace it...
                  I guess i know what u mean, but my ps is 240VAC in, 12VDC out.
                  Maybe i need to take a pic of the unit w/out cover so u all can see the inside? is the regulator u mention the 'big coil' thingy in the center?

here the pics u can see internal and backplate.

Comment

No need to mod your computer power supply. Just connect it directly. This is what I did on my previous PSU and also the current one.

BTW, I checked my current PSU, it is:
                    CoolerMaster 460W
                    Product No: RS-460-PCAR-A3
                    Rail #1 (+12V) = 18A
                    Rail #2 (+12V) = 18A

SH

Comment

Originally posted by alex_bong View Post
                      I do hv 2 used atx ps in storeroom. but hard to mod le, maybe u can help me to do it??

I guess i know what u mean, but my ps is 240VAC in, 12VDC out.
                      Maybe i need to take a pic of the unit w/out cover so u all can see the inside? is the regulator u mention the 'big coil' thingy in the center?

here the pics u can see internal and backplate.
                      ha ha...
                      can you check the transformer output reading? If not wrong is should be 24V...
                      The big coil is the transformer (not the movie "Transformer)
                      Able to take a photo shot of the PCB?
                      The regulator is site in this PCB.

The PS go in this way...
                      240Vac input =>Step down to 24Vac(the big coil you see) => go thru a bridge cct (the diode which saw on the PCB) to convert it to 24Vdc => Then go thru a 12V regulator (to regulate it to 12Vdc output) => out you got the 12V.. now you measure 24Vdc at the output.. that mean your regulator had gone to see his grandfather already... it unable to regulate it down to 12Vdc..

May i know where you stay? i'm staying at Bukit panjang.. normally fly at jalan bahar, may able to help you to repair this PS..

Can sms or ring me at 94317621 if need my help

Comment

thks

thanks for the offer khpan2003!
                        will contact u if i need ur help. but i will 1st try to mod my pc ps 1st to see if it's success.

Comment

Hi Hi,

My personal suggestion is to buy a new one. You can get a 12V 8.5A switching power supply in SLT for around $60, add a box, cable and connector. will be around $70. I dunno if some shop will assemble for you, but it is simple to drill holes for cable and connectors.

Don't experiment too much on this stuff. You might end up risking your charger and batteries. Which will be more expensive that the power supply.
                          My blog: http://ongbenghui.blogspot.com

Comment

There are lots of choices available. no need DIY or head to SimLim. Search at your favorite LHS. Prices are competitive to SL already

S$56: 8A http://www.jethobby.com.sg/cgi-bin/e...13&idx=1&gid=7

S$62.50 12A http://shop.rotor.com.sg/show-detail.asp?prodid={6D286C0D-7C0B-42D9-8FA8-A56F923D4A68}&pn=1
                            huh

Comment

Working...
                            X