Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Futaba 10CAP battery.

Hi All !
    Has anyone replace the original battery to lipo? I burnt my 10Cap when i replace to a new lipo for 9Cap from SHS. After repair, it works well with the original 9.6V Ni-cd. Today, it burnt again when i change to a new DN transmitter lipo. I have chesk on some thread on RC groups, no problem for them, but them are using old lipo. A new fully charge lipo can go up to 12.4V, could the high voltage couse such thing happen?

It works on my JR transmitter with the same lipo. Please help! Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!

I think there is something about the polarity...
    I remember reading something like that

JR and Futaba have opposite polarity

this thread mentions about the charging plug, not sure if it applies to the battery input.

Do find out yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by genexis View Post
      I think there is something about the polarity...
      I remember reading something like that

JR and Futaba have opposite polarity

this thread mentions about the charging plug, not sure if it applies to the battery input.

Do find out yourself.
      OK Thanks Sir !!

Comment

For the 9c, do consider to series a diode to the lipo to bring down the lipo voltage to below 12v. 9c max voltage is 12v. Read all these on the net.

Nono abt jr.

Anyway, many has claimed using lipo directly with no problems. Mine died after a month. Got another 9c. With the diodes in place, been using for few months now. So far still running good.

Hope it helps.

Comment

Thanks Orangie! But what is Diode??? Where can i buy it???

Comment

Originally posted by fayloh88 View Post

Hi Bro,
            My 10C is running on 8pcs of Sanyo 2700mAH ni-MH batteries. I have been using it for weeks without need to charge.
            For charging, I just take out the batteries and charge them with the original charger that comes with the batteries.
            The original Ni-Cad that comes withe my 10C is used as a back-up for me.

MS

Comment

Originally posted by msc View Post
              Hi Bro,
              My 10C is running on 8pcs of Sanyo 2700mAH ni-MH batteries. I have been using it for weeks without need to charge.
              For charging, I just take out the batteries and charge them with the original charger that comes with the batteries.
              The original Ni-Cad that comes withe my 10C is used as a back-up for me.

MS
              Thanks. No lipo in my 10C anymore. Will go SHS to buy battery holder later.

THANKYOU EVERYONE!

Comment

Originally posted by Orangie View Post
                For the 9c, do consider to series a diode to the lipo to bring down the lipo voltage to below 12v. 9c max voltage is 12v. Read all these on the net.

Nono abt jr.

Anyway, many has claimed using lipo directly with no problems. Mine died after a month. Got another 9c. With the diodes in place, been using for few months now. So far still running good.

Hope it helps.

http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1213

Comment

Originally posted by fayloh88 View Post
                  http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=966762

Where to buy? SLT

Comment

Try the sanyo eneloop. Got mine @ around $30 for 8 at alan photo, sls. No self-discharge and still holding charge well after 1.5years in my 9c.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X