Mod it to 2.4G with Corona module.

[img]op6.jpg[/img]

Thanks

عبد

where can i buy?

Hi,

Can share where can I get it and how much does it costs?thanks

Comment

Actually 2.4GHz can use the normal telescopic antenna right?

Comment

Originally posted by zxyong View Post
        Actually 2.4GHz can use the normal telescopic antenna right?
        Hi zxyong,
        The normal telelescopic anntenna operates at much lower frequencies between 27Mhz to 72Mhz .

Just in case you are not aware 1Ghz=1000Mhz so 2.4Ghz =2400Mhz compare to 29Mhz ...how can the telescopic antenna be use on a 2.4Ghz???

To answer your question is =no!(not possible to use normal telescopic antenna on 2.4Ghz.)

Cheers and all the best.

Comment

Is it the different construction of the antenna?

Because from what i know, higher freq should require shorter antenna length. So shouldnt it be ok if you use a longer antenna?

Comment

Zxyong,quite right the length of the antenna is shorter at higher operating frequencies.
            However, you cannot simply used any length. This has to be calculated base on the quarter wavelength theory and matching impedance. The details is beyond the scope of discussion.

The length of the antenna for both the transmitter and the receiver are pre-determined by the engineers so do not change the length unless you know what you are doing.
            Similar I have seen some receiver antenna arrange in a zigzag manner when installed onboard the aircraft or some had the anntenna loop back. This is a very bad practice and actually reduce the range of the receiver.
            Sometimes this is unavoidable especially for chopper and very small plane where there is limit area to safely streched out the receivers antenna.

Where situation permit, the antenna should be stretched as straight as possible when installed in an aircraft.
            For the 2.4Ghz receiver that comes with two or more very short antenna , the antennae should be arranged in orthogonal (90 degree to each other) for optimun range and performance.

cheers

Comment

Zxyong,quite right the length of the antenna is shorter at higher operating frequencies.
              However, you cannot simply used any length. This has to be calculated base on the quarter wavelength theory and matching impedance. The details is beyond the scope of discussion.

The length of the antenna for both the transmitter and the receiver are pre-determined by the engineers so do not change the length unless you know what you are doing.
              Similar I have seen some receiver antenna arrange in a zigzag manner when installed onboard the aircraft or some had the anntenna loop back. This is a very bad practice and actually reduce the range of the receiver.
              Sometimes this is unavoidable especially for chopper and very small plane where there is limit area to safely streched out the receivers antenna.

Where situation permit, the antenna should be stretched as straight as possible when installed in an aircraft.
              For the 2.4Ghz receiver that comes with two or more very short antenna , the antennae should be arranged in orthogonal (90 degree to each other) for optimun range and performance.

cheers

Comment

where to buy

anyone knows where to buy n price? thinking of getting one

Comment

Originally posted by chris2003 View Post
                  anyone knows where to buy n price? thinking of getting one
                  I remember seeing one at ---------. You might wanna check it out.
                  "To cease smoking is the easiest thing I ever did. I ought to know because I've done it a thousand times." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by whacker View Post
                    I remember seeing one at ---------. You might wanna check it out.
                    Oops....HC?
                    "To cease smoking is the easiest thing I ever did. I ought to know because I've done it a thousand times." - Mark Twain

Comment

thx

thx to the kind souls who are willing to share. i searched for hc and found an online shop. is that the coreect place? safe to buy online? thx

Comment

thx to the kind souls who are willing to share. i searched for hc and found an online shop. is that the coreect place? safe to buy online? thx
                        If the shop you are talking about is in Hong Kong, then it's the correct one and safe to buy from there...

If you like, you can actually PM luckysoul. He does a spree every now and then

Comment

thx

thx whacker n luckysoul, luckysoul did pm me. cheers

Comment

thx whacker n luckysoul, luckysoul did pm me. cheers
                            Okie...no worries...

Comment

Working...
                            X