Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with XPS receiver v3.2

Anyone facing the same problem as me??? Have written the below to XPS and awaiting an answer.

----- Original Message -----
    To: tech@xtremepowersystems.net
    Sent: Monday, December 22, 2008 8:18 PM
    Subject: Problem with receiver v3.2

Hi Support Staff,

I have received the upgrade receivers already but it does not work properly as before!!!

1) Previously, XPS work with my Castle Creation Phoenix 85HV flawlessly using the "Set RPM" mode. But now it wouldnt work at all and the motor would be hunting, rpm fluntuating up and down. After setting the ESC back to fix throttle, then it will work. Please advise what had happened!!!!

2) Previously, my UBEC works w/o any glitch at all. But now the upgraded receiver signal light turn to orange after a while of moving the servos only, indicating low voltage. That is puzzling as previously it works without any problem. But using the Align linear BEC with a dedicated 2S lipo pack, the signal light maintains at green constantly. Please advise what had happened!!!

Please revert back to me soonest.

Regards,

Adrian Lee

Reply from XPS :

1) Previously, XPS work with my Castle Creation Phoenix 85HV flawlessly using the "Set RPM" mode. But now it wouldnt work at all and the motor would be hunting, rpm fluntuating up and down. After setting the ESC back to fix throttle, then it will work. Please advise what had happened!!!!

We will look into this. We have had no one report this problem.

> 2) Previously, my UBEC works w/o any glitch at all. But now the upgraded receiver signal light turn to orange after a while of moving the servos only, indicating low voltage. That is puzzling as previously it works without any problem. But using the Align linear BEC with a dedicated 2S lipo pack, the signal light maintains at green constantly. Please advise what had happened!!!

You have a low voltage condition happening, and it has always been that way. You just never knew before as there was no warning.

Comment

Hi Adrianli,

have u solved the UBEC issue?

Regards
      Fixed-Wing
      GWS Zero
      Fliton Extra 260
      Hacker SuperZoom 4D
      Thunder Tiger Velocity
      Scratchbuilt Depron Profile Extra 300
      Thunder Tiger SuperCub (RIP - Resting In Pieces)
      Scratchbuilt Lama Plane
      RICCS Mirage 2000 #1 (RIP)
      RICCS Mirage 2000 #2

Rotorcraft
      Thunder Tiger Mini-T
      Esky HBK2
      Esky Lama V4 w/SuperShaft

Radio
      JR-9XPS

Comment

Yes, resolved already. The XPS receiver need a voltage of 5.5V and above in flight to maintain the yellow light. I did a trial and error using CC Bec and adjusted the voltage increment of 0.1V from 4.8V upwards.

I am running four digital servos on my helis.

At 4.8V, under load, the XPS receiver light will change from yellow to orange.

Comment

Cool! Congrats! I understand your feeling then.

I'd finally send out mine for firmware upgrade. I'd been encountering occasional lockouts at certain field, hope the freq hopping will work for me.
          Fixed-Wing
          GWS Zero
          Fliton Extra 260
          Hacker SuperZoom 4D
          Thunder Tiger Velocity
          Scratchbuilt Depron Profile Extra 300
          Thunder Tiger SuperCub (RIP - Resting In Pieces)
          Scratchbuilt Lama Plane
          RICCS Mirage 2000 #1 (RIP)
          RICCS Mirage 2000 #2

Rotorcraft
          Thunder Tiger Mini-T
          Esky HBK2
          Esky Lama V4 w/SuperShaft

Radio
          JR-9XPS

Comment

Working...
          X