Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quark 33A ESC

Hi ex or existing Quark 33A ESC user,

Care to share your settings for the programming part? Regardless it is basic or advanced for either plane or heli.

I wanna to find out more abt the difference between the basic & the advanced programming.

There is not much diff in the two modes. Advance mode is actually a more detail mode, for you to set govenor, solf start etc.

Comment

I just recently programmed my quark 33 for my heli. What help do you need? Maybe you can be more specific?
      You already have one or thinking of getting one? After so many problems with so many esc, I have found that quark 33 works the best with the Align 430L motors. It was warm after 5mins flight and the governor works.
      One problem I faced was that after i set the governor, the gov has a problem with shutting down. After a flight, it took me quite some time to turn it off so that i can pick up the heli. Apart from that, no other issues....
      Losers whine about their best. Winners date the Prom Queen.

Most people talk a lot, only few are up for the moment.

Suck Squeeze Bang Blow
      20,000 times a min

Comment

Yah ! ...the Quark has got a pretty good governor, setting the HS is SOOOooo different from the other ESC on the market !

The operation of the Heli equipped with a Quark (On Gov mode) is also different and takes some getting used to. eg: when you spool up, it operates as any ESC would, once you reach your preset throttle point, the HS advance to the rpm you set and stays there (assuming your Lipo and setup is up to task) ...fly around as normal ...when you come in and land in normal mode, it behaves as if you're still in Idle up and only several seconds after shutting down throttle that the motor starts spooling down.

But throwing the throttle hold switch shuts down the motor immediately.
        Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

Comment

Originally posted by mathsinstrument View Post
          I just recently programmed my quark 33 for my heli. What help do you need? Maybe you can be more specific?
          You already have one or thinking of getting one? After so many problems with so many esc, I have found that quark 33 works the best with the Align 430L motors. It was warm after 5mins flight and the governor works.
          One problem I faced was that after i set the governor, the gov has a problem with shutting down. After a flight, it took me quite some time to turn it off so that i can pick up the heli. Apart from that, no other issues....
          coz i'm using the basic program for my Heli. I'm thinking of going into the advanced program but i'm worried abt the reliability of the governor setting.
          Anyway wat other settings do I have to take note?

Also can u elaborate more abt ur gov problem? Abt the shutting down issue, dun really understand how it can't shut down after u throttle down at normal flight mode.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostfit View Post
            Yah ! ...the Quark has got a pretty good governor, setting the HS is SOOOooo different from the other ESC on the market !

The operation of the Heli equipped with a Quark (On Gov mode) is also different and takes some getting used to. eg: when you spool up, it operates as any ESC would, once you reach your preset throttle point, the HS advance to the rpm you set and stays there (assuming your Lipo and setup is up to task) ...fly around as normal ...when you come in and land in normal mode, it behaves as if you're still in Idle up and only several seconds after shutting down throttle that the motor starts spooling down.

But throwing the throttle hold switch shuts down the motor immediately.
            Hmmm, wat abt throttle hold in idle 1 mode? does the motor shut down immediately or I can auto down as usual?

Comment

Working...
            X