just checking anyone try this rx ?
    conversion 8 CH synthesized receiver
    Range >1.5km/4900ft
    S$69 only
    JR9XII PCM 72.xxx n XPS n FRSKY 2.4GHz

me is " Kancheong spider "

Where did you see it locally?

Hi MH3400,

Did you find this Rx in a local hobby shop? So do you have one yet?

I've only tried the RP4S1, 72MHz. So far so good. Lucky I didn't get 1 with excessive servo centering problem, which I read about. I probably strained some of my servos initially while trying to get synced to my Tx, 'cos the Rx didn't come with instructions. After I learnt how to bind it to my Tx, it's been steady so far. Range is good enough for my eyesight/size of plane, if you know what I mean :> I got mine from www.hobbycity.com, which also carries the RP8D1. They also have a 6 Ch. version now.

I like the concept of Synth. Rx and Tx, no need to fuss with crystals.

Cheers,
    Pete
    ... It's in the Details... :>

Comment

Existing Synth. Rx thread

Just to add on, there's another thread on this topic at http://www.daddyhobby.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34452

Comment

Originally posted by Crafter View Post
        Just to add on, there's another thread on this topic at http://www.daddyhobby.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34452
        Thanks for the link, no wonder no one reply me haha
        Check out the local hobby shop --- Jet Hobby
        thinking of using it on my Beam after i hear from someone good or bad
        Cheers

Comment

Hi MH3400,

Did you find this Rx in a local hobby shop? So do you have one yet?

I've only tried the RP4S1, 72MHz. So far so good. Lucky I didn't get 1 with excessive servo centering problem, which I read about. I probably strained some of my servos initially while trying to get synced to my Tx, 'cos the Rx didn't come with instructions. After I learnt how to bind it to my Tx, it's been steady so far. Range is good enough for my eyesight/size of plane, if you know what I mean :> I got mine from www.hobbycity.com, which also carries the RP8D1. They also have a 6 Ch. version now.

I like the concept of Synth. Rx and Tx, no need to fuss with crystals.

Cheers,
          Pete
          Hi Pete,
          me not yet get one. Typical me dare not try until someone try
          Thanks for the info.
          saw it on Jet Hobby web
          Cheers
          MingHauh

Comment

You can also check this other forum: http://myhobbycity.com for more user comments on the various Corona synthesizer Rx. That's where I found someone mention the procedure for binding the Rx to the Tx. If only those instructions had come with the Rx I could have avoided straining my servos initially.

The forum is of course tied to www.hobbycity.com, which sells Corona Rxs, at quite competitive prices. I've gotten mine from there. Wherever you get them from, try to get the 'v2' or later versions which are supposed to have bug-fixes. So far mine, which I believe are v2 (though I don't really know how to tell) have behaved well.

Overall I think they're ok. Maybe you should try one in a less demanding (and less valuable) plane first to test and prove it, then transfer it to your 'Beam'. :> That's what I did. I tested it in my trainer.

OK, cheers,
            Pete

Comment

You can also check this other forum: http://myhobbycity.com for more user comments on the various Corona synthesizer Rx. That's where I found someone mention the procedure for binding the Rx to the Tx. If only those instructions had come with the Rx I could have avoided straining my servos initially.

The forum is of course tied to www.hobbycity.com, which sells Corona Rxs, at quite competitive prices. I've gotten mine from there. Wherever you get them from, try to get the 'v2' or later versions which are supposed to have bug-fixes. So far mine, which I believe are v2 (though I don't really know how to tell) have behaved well.

Overall I think they're ok. Maybe you should try one in a less demanding (and less valuable) plane first to test and prove it, then transfer it to your 'Beam'. :> That's what I did. I tested it in my trainer.

OK, cheers,
              Pete
              But from the website u mentioned, the V2 n non-V2 Rx r quite misleading in.
              Which is single conversion & which is dual conversion?

Comment

OK, cheers,
                Pete
                Thanks Pete,
                ya you are right test it on cheapo plane first and then on BEAM

MingHauh

Comment

Hi JansonFinn,

To the best of my understanding from what I've read, the RP4S1 is a single-conversion Rx, while the RP8D1 that MH mentioned at the start here is a dual-conversion Rx. The 'S' or 'D' at the end of the Rx name indicates this.

As for the 'v2' or 'non-v2', according to the site the v2 version has some bugs from the earlier non-v2 version fixed. But some others still claim that there are lingering traces of the original bugs, such as poor servo-centering repeatability, though less than before. I haven't really seen that in mine yet, or maybe my application is not so demanding of precision. After all I'm still flying a .... trainer :> Yes, others have said the website can be misleading. What to do....

Hi MH,
                  I think I will adopt this policy:
                  Test new Rx and other unproven equipment in 'lower-value' planes, like trainers.
                  Test new, high-value planes with proven Rx and other proven equipment.

This will help to 'remove unknown variables'. Haha like maths talk. :>

Pete

Comment

Hi JansonFinn,

To the best of my understanding from what I've read, the RP4S1 is a single-conversion Rx, while the RP8D1 that MH mentioned at the start here is a dual-conversion Rx. The 'S' or 'D' at the end of the Rx name indicates this.

As for the 'v2' or 'non-v2', according to the site the v2 version has some bugs from the earlier non-v2 version fixed. But some others still claim that there are lingering traces of the original bugs, such as poor servo-centering repeatability, though less than before. I haven't really seen that in mine yet, or maybe my application is not so demanding of precision. After all I'm still flying a .... trainer :> Yes, others have said the website can be misleading. What to do....

Hi MH,
                    I think I will adopt this policy:
                    Test new Rx and other unproven equipment in 'lower-value' planes, like trainers.
                    Test new, high-value planes with proven Rx and other proven equipment.

This will help to 'remove unknown variables'. Haha like maths talk. :>

Pete
                    thanks for the explaination.

This is wat i thought also, so i got the RP8D1 which is the v1 rather than the v2 because it is only a Single Conversion Rx.

Hopefully the v1 will serve my EP cessna well

Comment

Working...
                    X