Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommended Gyro Gain

I would like to know what is the recommended Gyro Gain for GY401? I know that each heli setup have different gain values.. But my gyro can seem to go to 90% on DX7 tx without tail wagging.. Is 90% alot?

I used to run 85% on my Optic6 tx without wag too.. But just to check, will higher gain kill a tail servo more easily? Im using a futaba S3153 tail servo..

What i read from forums and thread, everyone says to increase the Gain till tail wag and then lower the Gain till it 'just doesn't wag'.. Is that the correct way?
    AR Drone 2.0
    Walkera Ladybird Micro Quad
    Jr XG8 Tx (Mode 1)
    RG831B Rx

sigpic

Originally posted by john_3330
    I would like to know what is the recommended Gyro Gain for GY401? I know that each heli setup have different gain values.. But my gyro can seem to go to 90% on DX7 tx without tail wagging.. Is 90% alot?

I used to run 85% on my Optic6 tx without wag too.. But just to check, will higher gain kill a tail servo more easily? Im using a futaba S3153 tail servo..

What i read from forums and thread, everyone says to increase the Gain till tail wag and then lower the Gain till it 'just doesn't wag'.. Is that the correct way?
    that's what i practice too.. wag, then backoff abit

my gains are typically >90% or abt >80%HH all the gyros i have used.. 401 and logictech

usually, for myself, i cant be hitting high gains if there is some binding or slop in the tail system/train.. everything must be nice and relatively slop free for me.. including rigid push rod.

however i have also seen big birds make do with 75% gain, 50% HH only and they seem to hold just fine in tictocs,piro circuits and both reverse flights

i am guessing the hs consistency plays a part too.. if the hs can remain constant throughout the maneuvers, the gyro and servo doesnt have to work as hard, and hence maybe lower gain..
    For sale

trex 700/ 12mm main shaft swash leveller. carbon type $22 only new

Comment

Ic.. But do higher gain have any adverse effect on the tail servo?
      AR Drone 2.0
      Jr XG8 Tx (Mode 1)
      RG831B Rx

sigpic

Comment

my is just 20% for my JR gyro....
        sigpicGround is closer than it appear...

Comment

Originally posted by john_3330
          Ic.. But do higher gain have any adverse effect on the tail servo?
          servo will have to work harder i guess. it is a question whether u need performance over the lifespan of the servo. It is the same when one chooses to fly with a scorpion motor, one chooses performance over the lifespan of the batt.

most of our gyros can hold well very much below 80% gain HH, but it is how well u feel it holds during ur 3d/flying that matters most. It has to give u confidence when u fly.

If it does that for u, and u are satisfied with the performance, then it is right.
          For sale

trex 700/ 12mm main shaft swash leveller. carbon type $22 only new

Comment

Ok! Thanks for all the replies.. I guess im keeping mine at 80-85%.. Holds like theres no tomorrow..
            AR Drone 2.0
            Jr XG8 Tx (Mode 1)
            RG831B Rx

sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X