• Show
Clear All

Singapore Frequencies

Which frequencies are reserved for airbourne and land / water based

72 / 75 / 40 / 35 / 29 / 2.4 ???????

Originally posted by Akula
    Which frequencies are reserved for airbourne and land / water based

72 / 75 / 40 / 35 / 29 / 2.4 ???????
    I am using 35 for heli and planes ,40 for boat , 2.4 for truggy.

Comment

Originally posted by RAPTOR2001SG
      I am using 35 for heli and planes ,40 for boat , 2.4 for truggy.
      is it illegal to use 35 for land based craft like in some countries

Comment

is it illegal to use 35 for land based craft like in some countries
        I am not so sure , but nowadays I think 2.4 is better !

Comment

I may be out of date (and showing my age here), but as far as I can remember, of the original fm/pcm/am systems, only 27 and 29Mhz are legal here (as in legal and licensable by TAS, ie. set will pass inspection by telecoms). The 2.4 GHz range is a bit less clear, with some 2.4Ghz systems apparently legalas claimed by the various LHS that sell them (the Futaba ones, the Jr / Spektrum ones ?? although many people are using them , XPS ones are apparently are so low powered that they fall within the "toy" classification range and apparently don't need licensing). This is all hearsay from different vendors that I've heard over the past year as I was trying to figure out myself which is the best route to go for the replacement of my defunct 9Z. Maybe someone who is more current and knowledgeable can comment.

Note though, that there are many misconceptions circulating about the legality issues of R/C flying here as many "official" agencies (like cc's) don't even realise that R/C flying is governed by CAAS regulations and although a cc may give it's ok to use a particular site, this is meaningless if it hasn't been cleared by CAAS. Of course once a cc gives it's ok, CAAS can often be persuaded to give it's ok too, subject to restrictions.
          FASST & DSM

Comment

thanks for replies, so basically go ahead with what you like provided that you are not on a conflicting frequency. And upgrade to 2.4Ghz which works for both

Comment

hello can someone please tell me whether i can use 72mhz for my surface vehicle?

even if it is illegal in singapore to use 72mhz, all i would like to know is if i might accidentally bring a plane or chopper down if i use that band for my truck.

Comment

thanks for replies, so basically go ahead with what you like provided that you are not on a conflicting frequency. And upgrade to 2.4Ghz which works for both
                bugger, 2.4Ghz doesnt work UNDER water

Comment

Working...
                X