Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

14/12mz region coding

Hi All,

Wondering if anyone has purchased a 14mz / 12z from abroad. I read that these radios are region coded. Wondering what region we are coded too? is it US/Europe/Asia or is it country specific. For example, can i buy a radio in Hong Kong on the 2.4ghz fASST system and safely use it in Singapore, buying receivers and the like here.

Anyone have any experience with this? any thoughts would be appreciated. thanks.

Regards,

Pars.

Originally posted by Parsifal
    Hi All,

Wondering if anyone has purchased a 14mz / 12z from abroad. I read that these radios are region coded. Wondering what region we are coded too? is it US/Europe/Asia or is it country specific. For example, can i buy a radio in Hong Kong on the 2.4ghz fASST system and safely use it in Singapore, buying receivers and the like here.

Anyone have any experience with this? any thoughts would be appreciated. thanks.

Regards,

Pars.

I got my 14MZ from RI Crankston. According to SHS they are all lock according to Region. So far I have bought a couple of RX from Local and had no problem using them. How ever I had tried to Swap module with a friend of mine just for curiosity sake. He has for a 12FG and running on local 29band. Both our transmitter show "Error, Wrong Region"

In a nut shell, can buy local RX but modules have to follow the "Region" where the transmitter is release. On the Area display of my TX shows "America" I have come across some that show "Asia" I've got no idea if theres any difference in performance.

sigpic
    FASSTGot Quard?

Comment

forgot the pic...

sigpic
      FASSTGot Quard?

Comment

Thanks raven,

I would love to buy from SHS, but the price differential is just too high in this case so i was thinking of buying elsewhere.

Thanks a lot for the info, that really helps as i am only really concerned about buying additional receivers, would prefer not to have to order from elsewhere every time i get a new model.

Regards,

Pars

Comment

Working...
        X