Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DX7 Voltage and Range ?

Usually below what volt you still fly with long range (> 200 m) ?
    Do you think below 10V the range begin to drop?

Originally posted by Leo
    Hehe, i would like to know too. Anyone knows??
    Spektrum DX7
    sigpic

Comment

majority of the 2.4GHz circuitry runs off of 3.3V through a LM2937 3.3V linear voltage regulator. Maybe the internal transmitting circuit runs off of 3.3V as well?

Comment

Guys, I'm new to 2.4ghz and i have a XPS module attached to my Optic6. I'm just as curious about this topic too because I've lost range TWICE (on two different flights) at around 250 to 300 meters. I had to run towards the model just to get the range back. This happened at the tail end of a regular 5 mins flight on a 3s 1700mAh Lipo drawing only 12A. Which I would think still leaves quite a bit of Volts left in the Lipo.

Any logical explanations for this occurrence?

Comment

Originally posted by buckman
          Guys, I'm new to 2.4ghz and i have a XPS module attached to my Optic6. I'm just as curious about this topic too because I've lost range TWICE (on two different flights) at around 250 to 300 meters. I had to run towards the model just to get the range back. This happened at the tail end of a regular 5 mins flight on a 3s 1700mAh Lipo drawing only 12A. Which I would think still leaves quite a bit of Volts left in the Lipo.

Any logical explanations for this occurrence?
          We r talking about TX voltage.
          Your case is the RX volt, right?
          I think it is RX reboot due to sudden drop in volts. Can yr ESC supply 3Amp to RX ( Not the one to motor)?

Comment

when you loose contact or fly far make sure you are not pointing your antenna at your aircraft.

Comment

My apologies Leo, yes I'm referring to RX and overlooked the topic being about TX. I'll start another thread about the RX failure.

Comment

I'm thinking about getting a lipoly batt for the DX7. Not sure if it will burn out the volt regulator. Anybody here uses lipo care to share?

I bought from US so the charger is 120V, can't use in SG. I modified my optic 6 charger (switch polarity) to charge. it works, but really slow - 60mA only.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo
                  So back to my original question above. Could someone share?

Comment

Working...
                  X