Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ESC wiring problem...

The ESC wiring comes in the form of (A) (B) (C). Unlike the brushless motor wire that comes in 3 colours. Mine is Red Black and Blue. How do I do this connection? Cannot just try and error right?

My ESC picture:

Originally posted by ZongHans
    The ESC wiring comes in the form of (A) (B) (C). Unlike the brushless motor wire that comes in 3 colours. Mine is Red Black and Blue. How do I do this connection? Cannot just try and error right?

My ESC picture:
    http://www.xqcontrol.com/yw_version_....htm?dataid=39
    No doubts bro. Jus blindly plug them in. Throttle up & see if its spinning e right direction. If not, just swap 2 wires.
    Fixed-Wing
    GWS Zero
    Fliton Extra 260
    Hacker SuperZoom 4D
    Thunder Tiger Velocity
    Scratchbuilt Depron Profile Extra 300
    Thunder Tiger SuperCub (RIP - Resting In Pieces)
    Scratchbuilt Lama Plane
    RICCS Mirage 2000 #1 (RIP)
    RICCS Mirage 2000 #2

Rotorcraft
    Thunder Tiger Mini-T
    Esky HBK2
    Esky Lama V4 w/SuperShaft

Radio
    JR-9XPS

Comment

For brushless ESC it is just that: trial and error.

If the first time you join the wires to the motor it goes in the right direction, then good. If not, just swap two wires and try again. Should be OK.

Cheers
      Adnan
      Take what you've got and fly with it - Jim Henson
      ... no plane will allow a pilot to recover from stupid. You still have to do those piloty things... - Joe Wurts
      Electric things run on smoke. Let the smoke out and they won't work.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by xeqouz
        No doubts bro. Jus blindly plug them in. Throttle up & see if its spinning e right direction. If not, just swap 2 wires.

But I thought that if the wiring is wrong, it might cause damage to one of the things? What I know is that if the red and black is opposite, the motor turns the other way. As for the yellow, I'm not sure what it does. Also heard the rumor that if the yellow wire is in the wrong place, the motor might still work but not up to its potential...Something to do with phase of the motor like those AC motors...

Comment

I am a noob myself. But usually, red to red.

Black and yellow, if swop, simply rotates the motor the other way.

So, if you were trying it out on a plane, the propeller in front if connected properly should produce winddown the rest of the plane. You can feel the wind rushing down if you are behind the prop.

Wrong connection means the wind is pushed forward.
          Relax and Enjoy The Hobby.
          Note to self: Must stop buying too much stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_Chen
            I am a noob myself. But usually, red to red.

Black and yellow, if swop, simply rotates the motor the other way.

So, if you were trying it out on a plane, the propeller in front if connected properly should produce winddown the rest of the plane. You can feel the wind rushing down if you are behind the prop.

Wrong connection means the wind is pushed forward.
            Yup... I'm aware of that but some of those aftermarket ESCs comes with 3 similar colored wires and are labelled A,B & C. Thats why I'm worried of the wiring you see... But if the pros around here says its ok to try and error with the wiring, I'll just go ahead....

Comment

Yup... I'm aware of that but some of those aftermarket ESCs comes with 3 similar colored wires and are labelled A,B & C. Thats why I'm worried of the wiring you see... But if the pros around here says its ok to try and error with the wiring, I'll just go ahead....
              it's ok.. and maybe that's why the manufacturer didnt bother to color code them also
              For sale

trex 700/ 12mm main shaft swash leveller. carbon type $22 only new

Comment

But I thought that if the wiring is wrong, it might cause damage to one of the things? What I know is that if the red and black is opposite, the motor turns the other way. As for the yellow, I'm not sure what it does. Also heard the rumor that if the yellow wire is in the wrong place, the motor might still work but not up to its potential...Something to do with phase of the motor like those AC motors...
                no worries man. just plug them in. some brushless ESC manufacturers dun even bother to label or colour code the wires. Usually ESCs will figure it out by itself upon startup. Common cause of ESC damages are accidental short circuits, stalling of motors or overloaded ESC.

Comment

Hi ZongHans,

With reference to the pictures of the ESC, the big red and black wire on the left connects to the battery. The three yellow wires on the right connect to the brushless motor. If the rotation of the motor is reversed, just change the connection of any two of the yellow wires. Remember to set the throttle range before using the ESC. Read the manual on how to do this.

Cheers.
                  Share the joy of flying . . .

Comment

Working...
                  X