Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Futaba 2.4GHz FASST 6EX, 7C and TM-7 Service Advisory

Hi folks

If anyone owns or uses the above equipment, or know someone who does please take a look at this link:

Hi,
    The issue related only to Futaba 6EX 2.4G, Futaba TM-7 module and 7C FASST systems. If anyone face similar issues with their Futaba 6EX 2.4G, Futaba TM-7 module and 7C FASST systems, please bring them back to:

Singapore Hobby Supplies Pte Ltd
    150 South Bridge Road,
    Fook Hai Building, #B1-23.
    Email: sales@singahobby.com

As this is not a widespread problem, we have test station at Singapore Hobby where you will be able to determine -- within a matter of minutes -- whether or not your transmitter is affected, at no charge to you. If you prefer, you may send it in to us and we will analyze it for you at no charge. If any problem is found, it will be replaced.

If you have questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to email to sales@singahobby.com or you can PM me.

Fred

Comment

hi ..

my set is bought in the states.

understand that some updates can be done to the tx to prevent it from happening.. even if my set des not have the zguid , is it possible to send it back to update the tx ?

thanks

Comment

If you have concerns about your Futaba 6EX 2.4Ghz, you can bring it in to have it checked.

For those staying in Malaysia, you can go to the following dealers to check your Futaba 6EX 2.4G, Futaba TM-7 module and 7C FASST systems:

1. Hobby Tech
        LOT L3-09, 3RD FLOOR,
        AMCORP MALL NO.18, PERSIARAN BARAT,
        PETALING JAYA. 46200 SELANGOR
        MALAYSIA
        Tel: 03-79541014

2. Boon Chung Enterprise
        98,JALAN TUANKU DUA,TAMAN SELAK SELATAN,
        57100,KUALA LUMPUR
        WEST MALAYSIA
        Tel: 03-79813073

Comment

I am using the TM-7 transmitter module on a 9C. Can or did Futaba published the serial numbers of the affected sets somewhere ? So that we can say, log on to this site to match the s/n. I supposed this will save us loads of trouble of going down to SH to have the set checked eventhough it is only a few minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Rotorpower
            I am using the TM-7 transmitter module on a 9C. Can or did Futaba published the serial numbers of the affected sets somewhere ? So that we can say, log on to this site to match the s/n. I supposed this will save us loads of trouble of going down to SH to have the set checked eventhough it is only a few minutes.
            Sure. To determine if your transmitter might be affected, look on the bottom of the transmitter case. If using the TM-7 module, the serial number is located on the inside portion of the module:

6EX: A7xxxxxxx without the "I" (Inspected) sticker
            7C 07xxxxxxx without the "I" (Inspected) sticker
            TM-7 07xxxxxx without the "I" (Inspected) sticker

It is important to note that the precautionary measures are relevant only to the Futaba FASST items with serial numbers as described above.

Comment

What I meant was can Futaba list down the exact s/n (for example 07212345) at their website. My module is of s/n 07.... but without the 'inspected' sticker. But that doesn't mean that my set will be affected. After all, TM-7 was introduced in 2007, hence all TM-07 will have s/n beginning from 07... with only a small handful which are 08... (2008 mfg).

At least Futaba can do us (disgruntled customers) this small service to save us some trouble.

Thanks

Comment

I understand your point and we will feedback to them.

I think this point may have been considered with the Service Advisory, but the Advisory has stated that the cases are not common while Futaba is still taking precautionary measures. In such a situation, a check at the service centre is probably the most appropriate measure.

Comment

Hey Fred,

Thanks.

I will be visiting SHS this weekend.

Comment

Working...
                  X