Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick Tip for DX7 Polarity headache

Hello guys,

happy user of DX7 so far.. except the stupid charge port is opposite polarity of my hitec charger (i dont have the spektrum/JR charger ),
    i have been resorting to using my peak charger to charge the DX7 TX Nimh battery until it struck me that this has such a simple solution. just resolder the charge port on your DX7 to the "correct" polarity.

"WRONG" polarity!!! just resolder by switching these 2 wires on the TX charge port.

-------------------------------------------------------------

"RIGHT" polarity!!

By the way in case anyone is goodu enough to blow the fuse by pluggin in the battery the wrong way... twice..like me.... you can replace the fuse easily. its in the TX between the 2 I.Cs.

note that the fuse i am using now is a 5amp fuse. the correct fuse to use is a 3amp fuse. i am using this as a temporary measure cause i dun have anymore 3amp fuse at home. just hope i dun plug in my batts the wrong way again!

Hope this helps somebody.

CHEERS!

**disclaimer**
    modify the DX7 at your own risk. i do not take responsibility if you mess up and worst still spoil your DX7 by doing this. and i have no idea if this voids warranty. you be warned!!!!

450 PRO - Phoenixtech Scorpion 2221-8, Castle Creations Phoenix 35, Hitec HS65HB cyclic, Futaba 9650 tail, (hanger)

MA Furion 6 - Savox 5055 560KV, Castle Creations ICE 80HV, Turnigy 959MG cyclic, HK47110MG tail, Castle Creations BEC pro, BeastX

MA Fury55 - OS55HZ + Outrage EVO55 pipe, HS5625MG cyclic, Spartan + HK47110MG, Align 2 in 1, Align Governor.

Kasama - Savox 5065 550KV, Castle Creations Phoenix 85HV, HK47110MB tail, Hitec 7985MG cyclic, BeastX

Bravo Mr. Stickman! hahaa.. should have thought of that last time, anyway, i am a JR man, so the wrong polarity is the correct polarity.. hahaa
    Fleet:
    Fliton AJ Extra-330
    Fliton Edge-540 mini
    Fliton Extra-260 mini
    Precision Aerobatics Katana MD
    Precision Aerobatics Katana Mini
    MPX AcroMaster
    MPX Gemini
    MPX Funjet
    MPX Blizzard
    Alfa models ME190
    WildHare Edge540 25% 30cc DLE