Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

75MHz crystal compatible with Tx this currently uses 72MHz crystal?

Collapse

Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

75MHz crystal compatible with Tx this currently uses 72MHz crystal?

if i want to get someone's Tx second-hand, but it comes in the 72MHz band, can I use my 75MHz crystals in this same Tx?

please help! thank you!

not possible
    Gone Gas...but Petrol went UP !!!
    now burning NITRO !!!

Comment

ah s.h.i.t.!!! so sad!

thought i had a bargain!

is it a matter of just taking the Tx down to a service centre and change some parts if i want make it run at 75MHz?

Comment

Which brand TX are you looking at? Mine is Hitec and I realised that the TX itself doesn't care which frequ, it's the module that plugs in to the back of the TX that matters. (Note I'm not only referring to the crustal, but the whole back module which is about the size of a lipo batt). Not sure if you can get that separately at a fraction of the whole original TX cost.

Comment

Originally posted by simonwoo
          Which brand TX are you looking at? Mine is Hitec and I realised that the TX itself doesn't care which frequ, it's the module that plugs in to the back of the TX that matters. (Note I'm not only referring to the crustal, but the whole back module which is about the size of a lipo batt). Not sure if you can get that separately at a fraction of the whole original TX cost.
          hi bro, what about the tx crystal? izit inside the module? my optic 6 is 72.130mhz if i get a pair of tx+rx crystal let say 72.250mhz can use the orignal module?

Comment

Originally posted by BigKid
            if i get a pair of tx+rx crystal let say 72.250mhz can use the orignal module?
            if its stated compatible with hitec then it shouldnt be a problem
            Helis
            Logo 500 3D

Once upon a time , there were frequency pins , flybars and nitros...

Comment

crystal usage

It IS possible that it would work, BUT it depends entirely on the radio's design.
              As crystals are fairly cheap, IF the radio is a good deal, I would just buy the correct crystals, (taking into account the following note!!)
              NOTE that your Transmitter AND receiver BOTH have to operate in the same 'band' and on the same 'channel' in order to communicate. 72 or 75.

I have 3 different crystal sets for my units (in case a change is needed to avoid interference problems), BUT mine ALL operate in the 72 band, High channels; EXCEPT 1 unit I use for 'long range' video work with 1 specific plane which operates in the 50mhz band at much higher power than normal units, but then I ALSO have a 'HAM' license which permits this!
              (I 'watch' my flying on transmitted video from an internal camera, just like a pilot in a cockpit, when out of visual range!!)

Comment

Working...
              X