Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Measuring motor Thrust

Hi Guys,

Anyone out there use any device or software to measure thrust of a motor couple with certain prop, my objective here is to get the most efficient prop to suit the motor, some motor does not have detail manufacturing specs so i thought it will be good to use some method to measure the motor thrust, the current drawn to determine the best prop for the motor and your plane application rather than trail an error, I crashed my planes a couple of times using the wrong prop, not enough lift.

I actually bought a Tahmazo Watt meter to test the Amp drawn, voltage and Watt of different prop.

If anyone know of any method or using any method to measure thrust, kind enough to share here?

I found some from rcgroups thought it might be useful.

Ok what, seems like a good method.

I would use it.
    "Always fly with a responsible attitude. You may think that flying low over other people’s heads is proof of your piloting skill; others know better. The real expert does not need to prove himself in such childish ways..." - the Multiplex Build Manual

Comment

Another method i thought of would be use those hanging scale where the karang guni man come to your house buy newspaper weigh and pay you money on the weight.

Anyone knows where to get a digital ones? Fishing shop?
      http://topnotchscales.com/TNSstore/index1.html

Comment

Hi Guys,

Here's my setup. Beta version :P
        Hope it serve as a reference for anyone who need to use it.
        The plywood is secure with velcro below, the clips are double protection.

Below is the video of testing a Dualsky 3548CA-5 with APC 11x4.7 SF Prop

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RseihFBA6U

Comment

Working...
        X