Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kaput motor?

Got a GS outrunner motor. Suffered a crash and now it's acting weird. I have removed the shaft and opened it up and everything looks ok (as far as I can see). Funny thing is that if I don't attach the prop, it seems to be able to run properly. But once I attach a prop, it will cut off at max throttle.

Any advice? In cases like this, is the only option to just chuck it and go get a new motor? :P

Um. Complicated. Many things could have happened. Can bring to where you got it from?
    "Always fly with a responsible attitude. You may think that flying low over other people’s heads is proof of your piloting skill; others know better. The real expert does not need to prove himself in such childish ways..." - the Multiplex Build Manual

Comment

Paisay.. I brought it to Mr Moh and he tried it out for me, nothing happened and his ESC and batt were heating up. But I brought it back and connected it to my plane and it was spinning up. It's spinning with a prop now but doesn't seem to get to optimum speed.

Anyway I thought better to be safe, so just got a new motor :P Maybe bring this out another day and give it a try, you never know :P

Comment

Originally posted by simonwoo
        Paisay.. I brought it to Mr Moh and he tried it out for me, nothing happened and his ESC and batt were heating up. But I brought it back and connected it to my plane and it was spinning up. It's spinning with a prop now but doesn't seem to get to optimum speed.

Anyway I thought better to be safe, so just got a new motor :P Maybe bring this out another day and give it a try, you never know :P
        I had this TowerPro BL motor which i crash too, the next time i used it it throttle up but on full it cuts. Not knowing what happen, i changed to a different pack of batt and same thing happened. Then i use a voltage indicator on the lipo and full throt again, to my dismay, the voltage drop to 2.0+v on full throttle, that means there may be a short circuit in the motor and it's pulling huge amount of AMP from the ESC and batt, luckily i check and dumped the motor if not i will get fried lipo and ESC for dinner.

My advice throw the motor away, it has already caused casulty to one of my frend BL ESC, he din know wat happen and kept using it until the ESC died.

Comment

Working...
        X