Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In excess of 240A wattmeter

Hi,

Can u guys recommend me a wattmeter that can record continuously in excess of 240A??? Here are some criterias :

1) Able to record max amperes.
    2) Have a graphic read out of whole run.
    3) For Hobby use, not those huge clamp meters.

Currently using the WattsUp wattmeter and I'm clocking 110+A already. Which is way over the rated 100A that the Wattmeter could take. I would be planning to run a CC Hydra 240A ESC on a 60-70mph boat and able to take a reading of the amp draw for it.

Ur recommendation is greatly appreciated.

May i know how you measure the amperage of the motor drawn? I mean how you connect.

Sorry i am new to this hobby, but i would like to know how much current is my motor drawing.

Originally posted by Adrianli
    Hi,

Can u guys recommend me a wattmeter that can record continuously in excess of 240A??? Here are some criterias :

1) Able to record max amperes.
    2) Have a graphic read out of whole run.
    3) For Hobby use, not those huge clamp meters.

Currently using the WattsUp wattmeter and I'm clocking 110+A already. Which is way over the rated 100A that the Wattmeter could take. I would be planning to run a CC Hydra 240A ESC on a 60-70mph boat and able to take a reading of the amp draw for it.

Ur recommendation is greatly appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by hoppie
      May i know how you measure the amperage of the motor drawn? I mean how you connect.

Sorry i am new to this hobby, but i would like to know how much current is my motor drawing.
      Do a search on "wattmeter" n u'll get the answer.

It is connected between the battery n esc.

Comment

You don't need a 240A wattmeter.
        Just connect your current meter to one of the 2p lipo and multiply the reading by two.
        The only hobby meter capable of measuring unlimited current draw is the MGM Black Box .
        Too bad you can only use it with their Z series controller

Comment

I have returned the Hydra 120A already, looking out for another controller. Would consider a MGM controller then.

WattsUp still 100A only, times two also 200A only. If its clocking 240A, I tink WattsUp will be chao tar already.

OT a bit, did u see the 60mph 10S2P mono boat on sale at the other forum, its on par wif the gas boats.

Oops, forgot to put in the video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrMEdo3Hbx0
          Last edited by Adrianli; 06-11-2007, 05:13 PM.

Comment

adrainli, what frank is saying is that you dun need to push the watt meter into the FULL pack of the batteries. Just do it to a few of those batteries, then you can get a reading for one of those packs. Lets call that reading R.

to get the full wattage drawn, just 2 * R = 2R

This applies to most other watt/volt/eagle tree measuring tools.

Comment

I understand wat Frank posted, but it aint gona work. I'm looking at 8S2P setup pushing abt 200+A.

Comment

Whoa... 60 - 70mph..... I think you guys should start looking into Torpedoe technology next.
                Modded Esavage + 4S lipo + KB45 2300KV + HW150A
                Brushless Esky Lama with dual swash
                Esky Dauphin
                Walkera Lama 2
                Walkera 5G6
                Sparrowhawk XB + 2S lipo + 60A brushless esc + 6000kv motor.
                Brushless Mini LST + single servo mod
                Brushless Micro-T

Comment

Originally posted by LittleGiant
                  Whoa... 60 - 70mph..... I think you guys should start looking into Torpedoe technology next.
                  Its not an impossible task. Definately within reach.

Comment

I understand wat Frank posted, but it aint gona work. I'm looking at 8S2P setup pushing abt 200+A.
                    Then it's either the MGM Black Box or the Eagle V3 which can measure up to 150A.

Comment

I'm looking at M1 Supercat or Toysport Jolly Cat. Planning my bonus.

Comment

I'm looking at M1 Supercat or Toysport Jolly Cat. Planning my bonus.
                        Twin Jolly

Comment

Working...
                        X