Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hyperion Waypoint motor shaft

Actually broke my motor shaft. Went to Jet and SH, both said they don't carry the shaft.. Would other shops have or is this not a (easily) replaceable part???

Sky hobbies, dude. They carry it.
    "Always fly with a responsible attitude. You may think that flying low over other people’s heads is proof of your piloting skill; others know better. The real expert does not need to prove himself in such childish ways..." - the Multiplex Build Manual

Comment

Thanks bro. Me going to pay Derrick a visit later :P

Also need to get 5-min epoxy.. Kenna suaned by some of the guys for buying the 12-min one :P

Comment

Huh what's wrong with 12 min epoxy?
        "Always fly with a responsible attitude. You may think that flying low over other people’s heads is proof of your piloting skill; others know better. The real expert does not need to prove himself in such childish ways..." - the Multiplex Build Manual

Comment

Nothing wrong unless you are using it to fix on the field and sitting down there waiting for 12 mins instead of 5 mins to pass :P

Comment

Finally got the shaft. Thanks Derrick.

Question : How much should it protrude from the back? I forgot to take note of it before I removed the broken one.

Thanks!

Comment

Waypoint designed the Shaft to be adjustable on both ends. You can start off by protuding both ends to be equal lengths - of which you can adjust how much your prop adaptor needs to grip fully on the shaft at the prop side versus your cowling clearance...

Comment

Wow that's a good feature! Guess no harm to put as front as possible as long as the back part still has enough shaft for the screw to grip it right? Thanks!

Comment

Hmm looks like even after putting the shaft as front as possible, it's still not long enough to fit my props as I did previously. Did I buy the wrong shaft, ie. there are longer ones???

Comment

Cannot be. You must use prop adaptor?

Comment

Ah ok I see now, I'm still missing something. Managed to find a pic of the original setup before the crash and the shaft broke. The waypoint shaft is the thin what.. So what am I missing now (how to tell the people at the LHS what I need)?

Comment

Bring plane there and let em settle it. Derrick from Sky Hobbies should get it up right for you.

Comment

Originally posted by simonwoo
                          Ah ok I see now, I'm still missing something. Managed to find a pic of the original setup before the crash and the shaft broke. The waypoint shaft is the thin what.. So what am I missing now (how to tell the people at the LHS what I need)?
                          Hi,

What you need is something called a Prop Adapter . Depending on the diameter of your shaft, he will have one that fits yours.
                          Current Planes : Beaver , IFO (Jan 07) - Given Away, E-Starter (Feb 07) - Hanger, Scratch Built CF Ripstock Bipe (Apr 07) - Hanger, Katana MD (Jul 07) - In Service

Current Heli's : Mini Titan

Graveyard : Supersonic F3A x 2, Extreme Flight Extra 300

Building :

Next Project : TBA

Transmitter : Hitec Laser 4 / 29.***
                          Transmitter : Hitec Optic 6 / 72.***
                          Transmitter : JR 3810 / 72.***

Comment

Working...
                          X