Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

optic 6 setting

hi guys, i've set my swashplate 120deg @ ch1 +60%, ch2 -60%, ch6 +60%,
    but at full throttle the swashplate come into contact with the wash out base pin. should i lower the % of the cyclic ch? and how will it affect the performance of the the heli for hovering. thanks in advance.

Oh, I encountered before.
    First - Make sure as even throw up and down for the swash, either up or down too much, use the cyclics servo linkages length to counter.
    Second - 60%/60%/60% can be reduced further,one of them is negative value.
    Third-bring down to FF and ask all the sifus there

Comment

Originally posted by HotDogBun
      Oh, I encountered before.
      First - Make sure as even throw up and down for the swash, either up or down too much, use the cyclics servo linkages length to counter.
      Second - 60%/60%/60% can be reduced further,one of them is negative value.
      Third-bring down to FF and ask all the sifus there
      ok thanks. will try adjust again.

Comment

are u using a pitch gauge?

the below steps assumes that u have already ensured ur swash movements are correct.

pitch curve linear... either in t.hold mode or idle up(unlug 2 motor wires) shift to midstk.. make sure horns are 90.. make sure all are either parallel or pendicular(some common sense)..

chk if swash to washout is abt halfway on the allowable travel on the main shaft..

then work ur way up.. . make sure all levers, swash are level.. etc.

then finally take out the pitch gauge.. measure mid stick is zero.. adjust linkages.. to correct if not..

then measure max pitch on both ends... inc (numerical)%on ch 6 if not enuff on both ends... set to -10 0 10 or -9 0 9. leave the pitch curve at 0 50 100

then flip to normal flightmode and change pitch curve to 35, ~75, 100(note midstk hovering for beginners)
        For sale

trex 700/ 12mm main shaft swash leveller. carbon type $22 only new

Comment

Originally posted by johndyl

the below steps assumes that u have already ensured ur swash movements are correct.

pitch curve linear... either in t.hold mode or idle up(unlug 2 motor wires) shift to midstk.. make sure horns are 90.. make sure all are either parallel or pendicular(some common sense)..

chk if swash to washout is abt halfway on the allowable travel on the main shaft..

then finally take out the pitch gauge.. measure mid stick is zero.. adjust linkages.. to correct if not..

then measure max pitch on both ends... inc (numerical)%on ch 6 if not enuff on both ends... set to -10 0 10 or -9 0 9. leave the pitch curve at 0 50 100

then flip to normal flightmode and change pitch curve to 35, ~75, 100(note midstk hovering for beginners)
          hi john, thanks for the input, i've tried the method you mentioned the swash plate still come into contact wif the washout base pin, and i notice the swash position is now higher as in 6mm above the collar even when throttle is at lowest point. also the motor seems to work very hard to lift off the heli.

Comment

shorten the servo to swash links and relevel everything
            For sale

Comment

bigkid, mostl likely u didnt do the highlighted step properly
              For sale

Comment

Still cannot solve maybe you want to drop by my place I try for you?

Comment

Can explain why must set up in Idle mode first?

If I don't need idle mode, can I just set up in normal mode?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by nacar
                    Can explain why must set up in Idle mode first?

If I don't need idle mode, can I just set up in normal mode?

Thanks
                    because for optic 6 u r affected by the pitch trims and u cant center properly and ur 0 wont be really 0

and ur pitch curves wont be smooth even if u set the %s smooth
                    For sale

Comment

HBD thanks i got it done liao.

john, i redo everything starting form shorten the linkage rod, now i got it only thing is the swashplate travle is quite min when full throttle up, i have to adj the swashplate setting to +80, -80, +80. thanks for the guide.

this hobby is getting more interesting day by day!

Comment

Originally posted by BigKid
                        HBD thanks i got it done liao.

john, i redo everything starting form shorten the linkage rod, now i got it only thing is the swashplate travle is quite min when full throttle up, i have to adj the swashplate setting to +80, -80, +80. thanks for the guide.

this hobby is getting more interesting day by day!
                        dont worry abt the swash % settings. btw only ch6 affects the collective pitch.

ch1 and 2 affects the aileron and elevator.. do measure them, they maybe not need be 80. 80 maybe too much also. try to get 6 deg for cyclics

at midstk... zero deg.. rot the blades pendicular to heli, then push elevator forward/backward and see if u get -6/6. inc or reduce swash mix for ch1 or 2(cant remember exactly) accordingly

rotate blades // to the heli and push the aileron... do the same

if u cant get +-6 on both sides, u may need to inc/dec the d/r on each side of the swing..

if u are confused.. just setting to roughly +-6 will do for forward flight
                        For sale

Comment

dont worry abt the swash % settings. btw only ch6 affects the collective pitch.

ch1 and 2 affects the aileron and elevator.. do measure them, they maybe not need be 80. 80 maybe too much also. try to get 6 deg for cyclics

at midstk... zero deg.. rot the blades pendicular to heli, then push elevator forward/backward and see if u get -6/6. inc or reduce swash mix for ch1 or 2(cant remember exactly) accordingly

rotate blades // to the heli and push the aileron... do the same

if u cant get +-6 on both sides, u may need to inc/dec the d/r on each side of the swing..

if u are confused.. just setting to roughly +-6 will do for forward flight
                          have reduce the swash to 70% , for the elevator n aileron just nice 6 deg. thanks john

Comment

There're these two tiny lever switches at the side of the Optic6 TX. What position should they be in when I'm setting up the heli in Idle mode?

Comment

Originally posted by nacar
                              There're these two tiny lever switches at the side of the Optic6 TX. What position should they be in when I'm setting up the heli in Idle mode?
                              if u set up in idle up, they dont matter.. but when u are flying in normal mode and u want to fly at "TRUE" settings, u need the levers to be centered
                              For sale

Comment

Working...
                              X