Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need help with my motors!

Hi people!

I have a problem, I bought two brushless inrunner motors for my GWS262 plane, but I found out that the other motor runs slower than the other. I just found this out after takeoff this afternoon at woodlands! resulting to broken wings and deformed nose!

Now, I would like to know if I could trim the motors so that both will run with the same speed.

These inrunner motors are from rotor: http://shop.rotor.com.sg/show-detail.asp?prodid={6972E246-40C4-4B4E-B659-CF1A530F07EA}

The ESCs are the 25A GWS types, with the other BEC disconnected.
    My radio is a 9cap.

Thanks!

max the end points for both the master and slave motor. Max here is referring to the max value that will still give a a difference from a value one step lower.
    Then tach and reduce the endpoint of the faster motor.

After that, check at different throttle stick positions. If the rpm are not close at different stick position, use a p-mix curve to mix it out. Master channel is the throttle and slave is the other channel for the other motor.

There might be other better/ more simple methods though.

sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the advice baby_zyklon! I'll try it now. time to open the magic manual again as I haven't used any p-mixes before

But any other simpler method is very much welcome

Comment

Haven't tried fully as my master is complaining about the noise

will try another day..

Comment

Its the ESCs!

Hi! I found that the problem is not in the motors but in the ESCs! Previously the throttle range settings are not the same. When I set the throttle range to default settings for both escs, the speed were equal. But another problem is, after about 1-2mins @ 3/4-full throttle,one of the escs will slow down! Note that i connected the escs in parallel,no master/slave. please help..i only flew around 1-2mins then my plane crashed again!

Comment

Working...
          X