Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my nice TXs! =p

Hello guys,

had off day today so decided to paint my Optic 6 the same paint scheme as my 3pk. everyone same colour so boring!

Comments?

450 PRO - Phoenixtech Scorpion 2221-8, Castle Creations Phoenix 35, Hitec HS65HB cyclic, Futaba 9650 tail, (hanger)

MA Furion 6 - Savox 5055 560KV, Castle Creations ICE 80HV, Turnigy 959MG cyclic, HK47110MG tail, Castle Creations BEC pro, BeastX

MA Fury55 - OS55HZ + Outrage EVO55 pipe, HS5625MG cyclic, Spartan + HK47110MG, Align 2 in 1, Align Governor.

Kasama - Savox 5065 550KV, Castle Creations Phoenix 85HV, HK47110MB tail, Hitec 7985MG cyclic, BeastX

what type of paint you used? tamiya paint??
    I'm back!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by hello_hellohello
      what type of paint you used? tamiya paint??
      cheapskate Acrylic spray paint (Nippon Pylox). get from any hardware store. Tamiya paint is too expensive.

just have to slowly spray thin layers. take quite some time. accelerate drying with hair dryer also can. the hardest part to doing all these is taking the stuff apart.. i have 1 leftover screw after i did the optic 6... no idea where it came from. die...

anybody else wanna try painting their TX? if u anyone need help with stripping the Optic 6 i can probably do a quick walk-through on this thread this week.

CHEERS!

450 PRO - Phoenixtech Scorpion 2221-8, Castle Creations Phoenix 35, Hitec HS65HB cyclic, Futaba 9650 tail, (hanger)

MA Furion 6 - Savox 5055 560KV, Castle Creations ICE 80HV, Turnigy 959MG cyclic, HK47110MG tail, Castle Creations BEC pro, BeastX

MA Fury55 - OS55HZ + Outrage EVO55 pipe, HS5625MG cyclic, Spartan + HK47110MG, Align 2 in 1, Align Governor.

Kasama - Savox 5065 550KV, Castle Creations Phoenix 85HV, HK47110MB tail, Hitec 7985MG cyclic, BeastX

Comment

Nice colour scheme man. I dunno why but it reminds me of Gundam and Macross.
        Cheers
        Adnan
        Take what you've got and fly with it - Jim Henson
        ... no plane will allow a pilot to recover from stupid. You still have to do those piloty things... - Joe Wurts
        Electric things run on smoke. Let the smoke out and they won't work.

sigpic

Comment

somehow the word 'Transformers' kept coming to my mind....

Comment

Are u able to apply chrome on the whole tx??? I wana chrome my whole Tx n ppl see liao, its a bling bling especially when flying out in the sun!!!

Last edited by Adrianli; 07-08-2007, 09:30 AM.

Comment

nice paint work
              hope u not flying nitro
              or...............................

Comment

Thx for the positive replies guys, yeah the TXs had the Gundam look to me. fits right next to my gundam models.

Originally posted by Adrianli
                Are u able to apply chrome on the whole tx??? I wana chrome my whole Tx n ppl see liao, its a bling bling especially when flying out in the sun!!!
                yo adrian, my experience with chrome type paint is that it is never REALLY shiny. kind of like dull.. the RJ london screenshots look best. spazstik one is for Lexan or the car/heli shell material, not for TX.

best results can be done on plastic by a process called vacumn metalizing or sputtering. my lab at school last time can actually make REAL GOLD coating on any surface, as long as can fit in the machine. damn i shd have done it when i was studying!!!! anw i dun think the process is cheap =p

nice paint work
                hope u not flying nitro
                or...............................
                yep i dun fly or run nitro! i think its too messy and dirty. my parents will kpkb me!!

CHEERS!

Comment

Originally posted by Adrianli
                  later cannot trim your heli hehehe
                  Helis
                  Logo 500 3D

Once upon a time , there were frequency pins , flybars and nitros...

Comment

wah lao..chrome glaring leh..

summore its a fingerprint magnet...sprayed my guitar pickguard chrome once..

man..it gets really dirrrrrrty..

Comment

how to take the panel off the 3pk ah ? Only manage to remove the 2 small back ones.

Comment

Originally posted by skyblueblue
                        how to take the panel off the 3pk ah ? Only manage to remove the 2 small back ones.
                        if you got the 2 back ones out u already got the difficult part down!

the front ones are easy. they are glued there by 2 plastic pegs that are molded into the covers. just slowly pry it out with a flat screwdriver taking care not to break the pegs. do it really slow cause u dun wanna break the pegs.

i will post some pics soon.

CHEERS!

Comment

Working...
                        X