Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sudden Power Loss on Jeti Spin 44 ESC

Hi,

Has anyone experienced sudden power loss on your Jeti 44 ESC? It happened to me twice.

The first time it happened last week, was momentarily. I was flying my Mini-T quite high and it occurred during banking. I still had cyclic control so I levelled off and the power came back suddenly. I managed to land safely.

The second time happened a few hours ago at the Punggol fun-fly. I was just hovering around eye-level and the power loss happened again. The heli swung around 180deg and dropped to the floor. Broke the main blades and a couple of links. I still had control of the cyclic so I tried levelling off but the bird toppled on landing.

One minor thing happened before the second power loss. After powering up the heli, I noticed the motor was running the opposite direction. Upon using the Jeti box toc heck, I realised that the Jeti 44 reset itself to default settings (airplane mode). As it was the second flight of the night, and I didn't change anything after my first flight, I did find it a bit strange.

, think u better email Jeti and have it send it liao...
    For sale

trex 700/ 12mm main shaft swash leveller. carbon type $22 only new

Comment

Originally posted by johndyl
      , think u better email Jeti and have it send it liao...
      oops sent
      For sale

Comment

Yeah, I also experienced it. When I throttle at about 30-40% hovering, suddenly the heli lose power like the motor runs in low speed. Then I reduce the throttle, the speed comes back. So the cycle up and down.

I dono what's happening. Is the ESC ok? or the battery not ok? I fully charge it using good balancing charger. Can advice what's wrong with it?

Thank
        Optic6 with Corona 2.4GHz
        Mix flying, crawling, running.

Comment

Is a settings wrong.airplane mode can'n use in heli.now i only on heli const rpm 3D.is good
          POWER NOT ENOUGH

Comment

My setting is confirmed to be in Heli Mode Const RPM 3D. I got a few flights plus I had a fellow flyer to verify settings. It doesn't also explain how the setting changed back to default on its own...

I just changed back to the stock ESC and if it flys ok later, I will at least I know where the problem lies...

Comment

Originally posted by basher
              My setting is confirmed to be in Heli Mode Const RPM 3D. I got a few flights plus I had a fellow flyer to verify settings. It doesn't also explain how the setting changed back to default on its own...

I just changed back to the stock ESC and if it flys ok later, I will at least I know where the problem lies...
              just send back, i believe jeti does one 2 one exchange for faulty items....
              For sale

Comment

I send back to agent already...

Comment

Working...
                X