Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Servos swing fully when RX is turn on

Whenever I plug in the battery to the ESC (which powers my RX), all my servos will swing fully to both ends before settling down at the center position. In the past, I did not notice this until I have binding problem in a new plane setup. To solve the binding problem, I try to adjust servo's EPA at my TX. However, this did not solve the problem. Eventually, one servo's gears broke after many power-up of the RX.

I wonder if this servo swinging thing is normal? If not, how can I prevent this from happening? Btw, I am using Hitec TX and RX. Hope some of you can help me. Thank you.

have u tried using another rx

Comment

Currently, I am using Hitec TX, Eclipse 7 with Hitec RX, model: HPD-07RH. I tried using a GWS 6ch RX and the same problem persists.

I wonder if the problem is caused by the ESC because I am using it to power my RX and not using a separate battery for the RX?

Comment

In that case u have to try each item 1 at a time untill u find the problem. Wat servo u using ?

U can plug a 5v battery into the Rx w/o the esc also and test the servo.

Comment

Thank you for your comments. I am using GWS Standard servos.

Today, I changed all the servos and the problem is gone. Thus, I conclude is the servos that are giving me the problem.

I wonder if this is caused by aging of servos because this did not happen when they were new. Any ideas?

Comment

heard of servo wear but its rare that all 3 get the same problem together thou.

Comment

Thank you, Skyblueblue.

Actually, you are right, only one servo is in very bad shape. The other two aren't swinging that much, as compared to the faulty one. However, as I did not want any problem in near future, so I change all. Very kaisu of me. :P

Comment

Working...
              X