Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damaged HS55

Hi...

Is there anyway to replace the damage gears in a HS55? My 2 gears on the top has strip teeths after yesterday's crash.

Thanks
    huh

Check out rotor they may have replacement part ..... but not too sure

Comment

Replacement gears are available at rotor for all hitec servos

Comment

cool thanks!!..

any idea what's the price like? <$5?
        and is relatively easy straight forward to replace the gears?
        huh

Comment

If my memory never fail me should be <$5
          Just open up the case, look for the gear with missing teeth/tooth and replace.

Comment

IF possible, buy those pack that comes w servo horn + screw.... think its abt a couple of cents more.... yup around $5 price range.....

If they are out of stock, give me a call. I should have a pack on standby Btw, I also got 2 faulty HS55 which I bought from rotor for the casing I think the gear inside is still in good condition, probably can use if you cant find new gear

Mike

Comment

Mike what do you mean by faulty, burnt out motor or what. If you have not use with it can I have the electronic part. As want to check if possible to make a micro ESC for my pager motor.

BTW nic you still can have the gear....

Comment

hehe

I am still having difficulty finding time to head down rotor...
                been working like a dog lately...
                can't even find time for lunch... and reaching home real late... (I just got home)..

see how.. hopefully tomorrow got time to pop by rotor...

this weekend unlikely to fly leow...

Hopefully next week will be better after the project completes this week.

Mike/Loyn.. thanks... if got spare old one.. I don't mind too.. I check my Hs55.. the top 2 gear pairs are damaged.
                Last edited by nic; 09-12-2004, 11:10 PM.
                huh

Comment

Take a break lor..... enjoy more time with your family instead...

I will get the servo from Mike and pass you the gear when you are available..... dont forget about your heli spare too..... other wise .....

Comment

never forget abot those things I longbang there......

now got no time to fly planes..

and heli is grounded.. cannot fly till servo is fixed... i don't want to rip my planes out for the servos....

also too tired to fly.. that's why that last crash was bad...
                    huh

Comment

Thanks all.. managed to buy the gears from Rotor today... at $3.70.. no servos horns...
                      huh

Comment

Ehhh... need help...

I changed my gears...
                        now my servo turn 360 degree to the left.. and 0 deg to the right... how?

Anything I should do to check during the installation of the gears?
                        huh

Comment

Aiya, think u remove the gear too fast w/o seeing there is 2 groove underneath the main gear Open up another working HS-55 and follow the same position

Cheers

Mike

Comment

You mean the topmost gear?
                            huh

Comment

Yes, as it is directly attached to the variable resistor in the casing. Remove it and rotate the shaft manually to either side until it reach the dead end, Then rotate in the opp direction again to the other dead end. Try to get the feel of the center point, then rotate the shaft to the "center" and put the gear back to the shaft. Oh do this only after you have power up and centered your TX...... This is to ensure the Tx is center too...

Hope it can help...

Comment

Working...
                              X