Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone using Futaba 9257 rudder servo?

Hi guys,

Need help in the Futaba 9257 rudder servo.

Can the trex original 35A Brushless ESC(Governer Mode) RCE-BL35X support this servo?

Coz someone told me that i need a step-down for the this servo in order not to burn the servo.

Question is how do i know if i need a step-down?

wah u have this... this is v new! mind pming me where u got this?

btw this servo is not recommended to run at 6v, u need to run it <5.2V which is plenty fast at .08s/60deg

so yes, for the esc u indicated, u need to run an inline step down regulator
    For sale

trex 700/ 12mm main shaft swash leveller. carbon type $22 only new

Comment

Originally posted by johndyl
      wah u have this... this is v new! mind pming me where u got this?

btw this servo is not recommended to run at 6v, u need to run it <5.2V which is plenty fast at .08s/60deg

so yes, for the esc u indicated, u need to run an inline step down regulator
      some1 selling in MP, see here http://www.daddyhobby.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25720

Comment

I have 2 trex 450 v2. I recently fitted one with a 401/9257. The other uses a 401/9650 combo.
        You need a voltage regulator on the 401/9257 combo as both the gyro and servo are rated for 4.8 volts. The 401 can handle regulated 6v but I am starting to believe that this has a bad long term effect on the gyro's stability.
        While I believe the 401/9650 has been the best gyro for the trex450 for some time, after comparing the 2 I found the following:
        1. The 9257 eliminates completely all tail bounce when doing hard piros or hard yaws. (the 9650 was good but had a little bounce at the end of a fast piro or yaw.
        2. The 2957 has a totally "vice grip" feel to the tail, the 9650 was always great, this just goes the extra mile!
        3. Pricing is the roughly the same so if buying new get the 9257. If your thinking of upgrading then wait, the difference in performance for a novice is small, although experienced pilots will find the upgrade worth it.

Comment

Working...
        X