Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

problem with my 9cap Tx

Hi people, anyone encountered "screen hang" problem on your 9cap during mid flight?

I always set the timer on every flight but during mid flight, when I take a glimpse at the screen, the timer is stopped but I can still hear the beeps on every minute. The screen does not respond to any inputs. I need to turn off and on the tx before I can get into the menus.

Before the problem, there were two things that I did to my tx:
    ..first, I changed the stock batteries to 8x Sanyo 2500mAh NimH.
    ..second, I opened my tx before to check if I could install LEDs for the LCD screen but I was wrong since there was not enough space for the LEDs.

So, is it possible that the 2500mAh batteries might cause the problem or are there sensitive devices inside the tx that I might have 'moved', resulting to frequent screen hang?

Thanks!

I was using the sanya 2500mah, no problem with it. There shouldn't be because it's still 9.6v.

I have opened mine like ten times in the past few years and mine is still working great. In fact, it is suppose to be user serviceable for changing mode and adjusting springs. Did you press or squeeze anything around the lcd?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bartdude2007
      Hi people, anyone encountered "screen hang" problem on your 9cap during mid flight?

I always set the timer on every flight but during mid flight, when I take a glimpse at the screen, the timer is stopped but I can still hear the beeps on every minute. The screen does not respond to any inputs. I need to turn off and on the tx before I can get into the menus.

Before the problem, there were two things that I did to my tx:
      ..first, I changed the stock batteries to 8x Sanyo 2500mAh NimH.
      ..second, I opened my tx before to check if I could install LEDs for the LCD screen but I was wrong since there was not enough space for the LEDs.

So, is it possible that the 2500mAh batteries might cause the problem or are there sensitive devices inside the tx that I might have 'moved', resulting to frequent screen hang?

Thanks!
      if you can replicate it just bring it back to the LHS that you bought it from .. im guess Singa Hobbies. they have some spares if it really is a tx problem. last resort you have to leave it there to be fixed.
      -------------------
      Powder, Anyone????

Comment

Originally posted by baby_zyklon
        I was using the sanya 2500mah, no problem with it. There shouldn't be because it's still 9.6v.

I have opened mine like ten times in the past few years and mine is still working great. In fact, it is suppose to be user serviceable for changing mode and adjusting springs. Did you press or squeeze anything around the lcd?

I have not squeezed anything around the lcd (..i guess) but I have lifted the PCB on the back of lcd to check for some space.

Unfortunately, I have bought this tx as used through internet auction but the performance is ok before changing the batts and opening the case. I doubt if the LHS will still attend to my problem.
        but I'm willing to pay for the service or parts..

Do we have any service centers here?

Comment

Check the timers 'trigger' switches - it could be that it is assigned to one of the 'rate' switches - and that you toggle this switch in-flight (or it could be assigned to the a certain throttle stick position).

Failing which, send it to SHS - Johnny will be able to fix it for you.

Comment

I tried twinkling with the switches while the timer is running but everything seems normal.

anyways, thanks for your inputs.
            I will try again this weekend if it appears again.

Comment

Working...
            X