Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

optic 6

hi guys, i am thinking of getting a Optic 6 for my king2 but there is a few ques i will like to seek advice from some of you GURU out there.

1) is it over kill for my king2?
    2) can i bring it over to my next heli when i upgrade.
    3) wat else must i change on my heli in order to use it, or i can just use it out of the box kind?
    4) is there a better brand? of cos not too ex

Thanks
    YOu FLy, You CRASH, YOU LEARN..

Mini Titan
    JGF500th
    CC45
    Hitec 65HB x 3
    Futaba 9257
    Futaba GY401
    [U]colco lama v5[COLOR=Red]][COLOR=SandyBrown]
    Align Trex600N Pro

JR PCM 9X II
    e-STATION BC6
    kong lipo
    Dualsky
    ace RC
    x TREAM

Originally posted by boo_saa
    hi guys, i am thinking of getting a Optic 6 for my king2 but there is a few ques i will like to seek advice from some of you GURU out there.

1) is it over kill for my king2?
    2) can i bring it over to my next heli when i upgrade.
    3) wat else must i change on my heli in order to use it, or i can just use it out of the box kind?
    4) is there a better brand? of cos not too ex

Thanks
    wow..good.. good investment..

1) it does not overkill your king2
    2) yes you can.. it can store 10 model(i cant remember how many models) so just buy rx and rx x'tal and connect to your new heli and you can fly both heli(one at the time) using one tx
    3) i think you need to change the rx since your rx is in FM. not qpcm(not quite sure about this)
    4) better brand. jr9x2.. but ex.. if you dont mind get optic6 and buy a 2.4ghz module..so no need to worry if you have the same frequency as others

thats all

Comment

thanks
      YOu FLy, You CRASH, YOU LEARN..

Mini Titan
      JGF500th
      CC45
      Hitec 65HB x 3
      Futaba 9257
      Futaba GY401
      [U]colco lama v5[COLOR=Red]][COLOR=SandyBrown]
      Align Trex600N Pro

JR PCM 9X II
      e-STATION BC6
      kong lipo
      Dualsky
      ace RC
      x TREAM

Comment

some correction to lampard's info...

firstly, it can store up to 8 models not 10

secondly, u do not need to change rx if u got the same freq module.. ie ur current rx is 29MHz, tx module is also 29MHz.. just need to get the same freq tx crystal

thirdly, optic 6 runs in FM/PPM and qPCM modes. basically in PPM u can practically use PPM/FM rx's by any brand. For PCM, u are restricted lesser choices as some brands have their own type of PCM modulation..

Note that PCM is not neccessary better than PPM. Not to mention also PCM rxs are alot more ex. proper and gd wiring habits and gd electronic components are more impt to achieve a glitch free heli

fourthly, if u are planning on going 2.4GHz, i recommend the dx7 rather than optic 6 + 2.4G module since it will be cheaper.. and tx wise(excluding modulation), dx7 is better ergonomically

lastly, imo, u should just stick with PPM/FM in optic 6 or go dx7. dont bother with PCM
        For sale

trex 700/ 12mm main shaft swash leveller. carbon type $22 only new

Comment

Is there a 2.4 module from Hitec?Can't find any info from the website.

Comment

maybe can email them? i remember seeing a pic of it on their website

btw u can also ask lampard lor since he has a 2.4Ghz optic 6
            For sale

trex 700/ 12mm main shaft swash leveller. carbon type $22 only new

Comment

Working...
            X