Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glitchy Receivers ... S.o.s.!

hi guys,

anyone out there encountered glitches while flying with FM mini receivers? Well I have crashed 2 planes due to these problem.

Can anyone share if these glitches comes from the TX module or the receiver?

My TX is a Futaba 9CAP (1 month old brand new)
    Receiver is mini Futaba R114F (with a smart print of "made in China"?...)

What receiver best work for you guys?

Thanks!!!

using a 9chp with gws 6ch naro receiver on 40.XXX, haven't experience any recevier related glitch yet(maybe there were but I didn't feel it)...my 9c is already more than 3yo, same old module...

have you tried with another rx?or have you try to fly at another place?Did it glitch with another tx?

futaba stuff is usually either made in taiwan or china, so no problem there...

sigpic

Comment

I have had a feigao rx and it gliched when moved ...bu then what do you expect from chan but never with futaba rx

Comment

I used Hitec, Berg and Futaba (full size reciever for futaba)...

Interference depends on the location I fly... and other factors.... (e.g. boats passing by)... Also.. who much attenna I let out.. (best practise: avoid coiling), and how much power left in my batteries...
        huh

Comment

Thanks guys,

Just to share the glitches came only when my TX is in PPM.
          Not with PCM which I used to fly my Turmeric glider with a PCM1024 till I "speck" it in the sky. I read somewhere that FM frequencies are quite "wild" and that the Pulse Code Modulation otherwise. But I don't see this in other field buddies' bird...

I think best for me is to change all RX to PCM1024. More expensive though at least can help save some bucks and time and effort in building another plane... after those glitches ...

Comment

with pcm you don't experience glitch, it is like digital codings, 1 or 0...either you have total control or no control(i.e failsafe)

sigpic

Comment

i had several times pcm locked on me..
              ask loyn he had also experienced it on my easy star
              i'm a rc sotong. And i know nuts about it.

Comment

Can you provide more details on your glitching? IE, are the servos glitching, which channels glitch, your electronics placement etc...
                Hopefully we can come to finding the cause of it.

The only rx thats not worth the money is the Hitec Feather.
                The range is very short.
                I have tried 3 rx so far E6, Feigao 6ch, rc mart 6 ch and Feather.
                No problems with my 9C.
                -Feda Dragonfly
                -Hornet 2
                -Pilot OK Turmeric
                -Zoom Zoom 4D
                -Sceadu EVO 50: OS50, Hatori521, Revmax,
                -Hornet X3D
                -Hornet X3D (yet to setup!)
                -Formosa 1
                -World Models Spot On 50
                -HB King 2
                -World Models Groovy 50 F3A
                -RICCS F18 EDF

Controlled by 9CHP
                (Temasek Poly AMIG)

Comment

Thanks FIT,

When I am flying low, the Glitch comes (even as near as 50m away right ) it looks more like a snappy roll for a split second and I had only a little control after that. Seems like all channels gone wild for that split second...

My ESC is always placed near the RX due to the short connector for CH3... and my antenna is running along together with the Elev / Rudd servos extensions ...

Comment

Welcome abroard derrick...you getting your interference at Tampines?!

Maybe can try changing into another band or Frequency...
                    TREX 500 ESP
                    Futaba T12FGH

Comment

ha ha ... maybe try the "SPECIAL SPECIAL" frequency. Sounds familiar?

Comment

Originally posted by gowest
                        Thanks FIT,

When I am flying low, the Glitch comes (even as near as 50m away right ) it looks more like a snappy roll for a split second and I had only a little control after that. Seems like all channels gone wild for that split second...

My ESC is always placed near the RX due to the short connector for CH3... and my antenna is running along together with the Elev / Rudd servos extensions ...
                        THis "glitch" you are experiencing can be caused by several factors in your setup.

1,ESC and Rx are too near, try to put then as far a part as possible.
                        2, Servo extension wires causes rf noise, twist them together.
                        3, ESC too hot, any cooling ?

Most prob no 2 is your problem - flying low

Hope it helps.

Comment

Hey gowest,

I've neva had a prob with the R114F on a Skysport4 on 72MhZ.... sadistacally coiled up the antennae also no prob.......

Comment

Thank you guys,

Will keep your recommendations in mind

Cheers!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X