Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Optic 6 or Futaba 6EXAP?

Hi think of getting an Optic 6 Tx, but there are 2 version "PPM" and "QPCM", what are differences between the two, which is commonly use?

Found out from some bros at the field, they said those servos come in the $405 package, are bigger in size and not commonly used.....

So if i get the $230 Tx (tx + batt + charger + xtal), what other stuffs are needed? Is it Rx + batt + charger + xtal, but what type to get?
    Pls recommend not so costly one, cause dun know the hobby will be long for me or not..... Might end up in Market-place...

Alternative is Futaba 6EXAP Tx, a good set too?

Thanks.

I've seen quite afew bros in PFW using Futaba 6exap tx for quite some time. Its cheaper than optic6. There are also other brands of Tx which is alot cheaper than Optic6, good for beginners!
    If you're beginner and want to go easy on your pocket, then go for Airtechnic servos, been using them for many planes and my findings is that for that price, its very reliable already.
    Rx you may also wish to find Airtechics, same as airtechnic servos, for a newbie like me, its considered value for money.
    End of day, dosent mean you cheaper things are not as reliable as expensive ones.
    Hopes this helps you in making a decision?

HDB

Comment

Originally posted by kitty88
      Hi think of getting an Optic 6 Tx, but there are 2 version "PPM" and "QPCM", what are differences between the two, which is commonly use?

Found out from some bros at the field, they said those servos come in the $405 package, are bigger in size and not commonly used.....

So if i get the $230 Tx (tx + batt + charger + xtal), what other stuffs are needed? Is it Rx + batt + charger + xtal, but what type to get?
      Pls recommend not so costly one, cause dun know the hobby will be long for me or not..... Might end up in Market-place...

Alternative is Futaba 6EXAP Tx, a good set too?

Thanks.
      i believe the optic 6 runs in PPM and PCM, it is a software switch. ie, there is only 1 version of the tx.

as for the servos, i believe u can choose the servos in the package. Please approach rotor or consult online retailers like ammo/rce
      For sale

trex 700/ 12mm main shaft swash leveller. carbon type $22 only new

Comment

Originally posted by HotDogBun
        I've seen quite afew bros in PFW using Futaba 6exap tx for quite some time. Its cheaper than optic6. There are also other brands of Tx which is alot cheaper than Optic6, good for beginners!
        If you're beginner and want to go easy on your pocket, then go for Airtechnic servos, been using them for many planes and my findings is that for that price, its very reliable already.
        Rx you may also wish to find Airtechics, same as airtechnic servos, for a newbie like me, its considered value for money.
        End of day, dosent mean you cheaper things are not as reliable as expensive ones.
        Hopes this helps you in making a decision?

HDB
        Bro hdb, thanks for your PM....
        And where can i buy Airtechics Rx and Servos?

Thanks.

Comment

May i know for Optic 6, do i need to choose a particular frequency, since there are 35mhz, 40mhz, 72mhz, which one is a better one?

Thanks

Comment

May i know for Optic 6, do i need to choose a particular frequency, since there are 35mhz, 40mhz, 72mhz, which one is a better one?

Thanks
            Yes you gotta choose. Make a research on what the freq and channal that your flying mates are using before buying. If you got the same channal with your friend, you cannot fly at the same time. Just like me and lucksoul
            I'm back!!!!

Comment

Thanks
              oh ya u need to choose the freq modules..

anyone is ok i guess, u may want to get one that is unpopular in ur flying area to prevent clashes..

btw there us also a 29MHz, which i think is the "legal" freq. but basically anything goes..
              For sale

trex 700/ 12mm main shaft swash leveller. carbon type $22 only new

Comment

How about 72mhz, but was told must do setting on +ve and -ve shift, is it good?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                X