Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Optic 6: Dual or Single conversion?

Hi y'all!

Can the Optic 6 use Single conversion crystals? I tried using Dual conversion crystals (Hitec) on the Tx and Rx (the Airtecnic one), but the Rx won't respond. So, instead of getting a new Hitec Rx for my plane, can I just get Single conversion crystals for both the Tx and Rx?

Thank you!
    I can haz diving?

...er...question is too basic? :P Or nobody knows?

I can haz diving?

Comment

Hi Nightbreed

I din realise Tx crystal got single or double conversion.
      I understand Tx crystal can only be used on Tx and Rx crystal only on Rx.

For Rx, there are single conversion and double conversion type crystals. To use which one depends on the Rx itself. A double conversion Rx can only used a double conversion crystal.

I have tried using the double conversion Rx with double conversion crystal to talk with the hitec Tx before.

Hope I have help here.

Comment

Hmm. I think I might not be too sure abt what I'm talking abt also.
        I just assumed that if Rx need dual conversion xtal, then the Tx is also having dual conversion.

So, regardless of Tx crystal, as long as Rx need single (or double) and u insert the correct crystal, then it will communicate with Tx?
        I can haz diving?

Comment

I don't think there are single conversion or double conversion crystal for the Tx. The Tx do not care what type of compatible Rx you are using, be it single or double.

As long as you are using the right freq Tx crystal for your Tx, it should be able to talk to your compatible Rx which has the same freq. Just plug in the correct rx crystal that goes for the rx.

Hope I do not confuse you

Comment

Ah. Thanks! All clear now.
            I can haz diving?

Comment

Working...
            X