Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Optics 6

Hi all,

Just want to know if it is advisable to buy the tx set only or the whole package and I can keep the rest of the items, servo,etc. for future use.
    Another thing is what is the different between Electron and QPCM. I notice that there are 2 types for optics 6? Hope that bro here can clear my doubt.
    Thanks

In my opinion, getting the complete set is value for money and you can use them for other RC stuff.

Optics 6 is a good Tx which is reasonabily priced. It has the option of using with PPM or QPCM receiver. The Tx is the same one. Therefore you need to select either Optics 6 with PPM or QPCM receiver.

PCM = Pulse Code Modulation
    PPM = Pulse Position Modulation.

You can do a search and there are many threads which discuss the pros and cons of these 2 systems.

hOpE thIs HelPs

Originally posted by dannyboy
    Hi all,

Just want to know if it is advisable to buy the tx set only or the whole package and I can keep the rest of the items, servo,etc. for future use.
    Another thing is what is the different between Electron and QPCM. I notice that there are 2 types for optics 6? Hope that bro here can clear my doubt.
    Thanks
    Heli
    Honey Bee CP2 : Sold (Maiden:17 Dec 05)
    Trex 450XL (CDE) : MM450TH, Quark 33A, GY401, JR RS10DS (Maiden : Align Frame - 1 Jul 06; SuperFrame - 29 Aug 06)

Plane
    Estarter : Align 450s, Align 25A, Electron 6 (Maiden :16 Sep 06)

PT-17w : Sold
    Buggy
    Acme NB 16 : Half 8 Nitro (Maiden :23 Dec 06)

Transmtter : JR PCM 9X II, Aggressor SRX
    Charger : Tahmazo T15
    Balancer : TP205
    Battery :Thunder Power, FullRiver, Warbird

Comment

Dear all, need advise. I'm planning to use 2 servos for my incoming F1'a alierons. Am using Mode 2 on Optic 6. Do not have manual with me now so see if can get any help before I reach home.
      Basically, I would like to know :
      1. Which channel on RX should the 2 servos be used on?
      2. Where do I do the mixing on the TX itself, eg where to programme the mixing of the 2 channels.
      3. If I want to use the alierons as flaps by using one of the switches on the TX, how do I programme the TX?

Comment

Originally posted by HotDogBun
        Dear all, need advise. I'm planning to use 2 servos for my incoming F1'a alierons. Am using Mode 2 on Optic 6. Do not have manual with me now so see if can get any help before I reach home.
        Basically, I would like to know :
        1. Which channel on RX should the 2 servos be used on?
        2. Where do I do the mixing on the TX itself, eg where to programme the mixing of the 2 channels.
        3. If I want to use the alierons as flaps by using one of the switches on the TX, how do I programme the TX?
        Ops, clicked submit too fast. Very big thanks for one and all !

Comment

Hi bro,

Download the manual,

its all stated there bro!

Punggol Field Walk - Precision Landing Required!

Comment

Originally posted by P4cm4n2000
            Hi bro,

Download the manual,

its all stated there bro!
            me want to save the trouble of reading you go show me the manual kekeke. See, now have to go read, no one to spoon feed me!

Comment

Originally posted by w_kby
              In my opinion, getting the complete set is value for money and you can use them for other RC stuff.

Optics 6 is a good Tx which is reasonabily priced. It has the option of using with PPM or QPCM receiver. The Tx is the same one. Therefore you need to select either Optics 6 with PPM or QPCM receiver.

PCM = Pulse Code Modulation
              PPM = Pulse Position Modulation.

You can do a search and there are many threads which discuss the pros and cons of these 2 systems.

hOpE thIs HelPs
              Hi, so which is more commonly used, PPM or QPCM?

Thks.

Comment

Working...
              X