Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Futaba 9C throttle and pitch graph help

Guys.. i'm setting up the pitch curves for my heli using a futaba 9CAP. I bought this radio because i like the graph display. but i noticed that there is a guide on the graph that moves with your control stick (ie when you move your throttle stick up, this guide slides across graph on the screen to show you where you are on the graph). But mine goes the other way round. when i'm at 0 throttle, the guide on the displace is at 100% and vice versa. I selected a new model and reset all settings and its still going the other way round .. is this normal? anyone know what i did wrong?

any help is much appreciated. thanks.
    Guys.. I can't do 3D. So if you see me flying inverted, I'm in trouble...

Not too sure but have u tried reversing the trottle ch?

Comment

Originally posted by Adrianli
      Not too sure but have u tried reversing the trottle ch?
      thanks. read some where that futaba always need to reverse throttle channel. is it true? will try it out tonite.

Comment

Your THR-REV might be in reverse. Check your THR-REV, by turning off the transmitter, while holding down the MODE and END keys, turn it on. If THR-REV is rev, CURSOR DOWN to THR-REV and turn the DIAL to NOR. Turn the transmitter off and back on.
        Cheers,
        Hood

Comment

Originally posted by 366
          Your THR-REV might be in reverse. Check your THR-REV, by turning off the transmitter, while holding down the MODE and END keys, turn it on. If THR-REV is rev, CURSOR DOWN to THR-REV and turn the DIAL to NOR. Turn the transmitter off and back on.

roger that. damn.. makes me feel like taking leave and go home and check. btw.. is this documented in the manual? dun remember reading this..

Comment

Please see attached, extracted from 9C manual, page 31.

Comment

Yup... it is about the THR Rev thing. But first... do you want to fly with throttle 100% is when stick in 12oclock or 6 oclock?

Majority prefer 100% = 12oclock. I prefer 0% at 12oclock.

SH

Comment

Originally posted by Super-Hornet
                Yup... it is about the THR Rev thing. But first... do you want to fly with throttle 100% is when stick in 12oclock or 6 oclock?

SH
                Please dont teach wrong thing hor. Currently only u here using such weird configuration!!!

Comment

Hi SH,

Just curious, why so unusual configuration? How is your idle up setting? Are there benefits or is it because of your rotor which you made to turns the other way around (anticlockwise)?

SH
                  Heli
                  Honey Bee CP2 : Sold (Maiden:17 Dec 05)
                  Trex 450XL (CDE) : MM450TH, Quark 33A, GY401, JR RS10DS (Maiden : Align Frame - 1 Jul 06; SuperFrame - 29 Aug 06)

Plane
                  Estarter : Align 450s, Align 25A, Electron 6 (Maiden :16 Sep 06)

PT-17w : Sold
                  Buggy
                  Acme NB 16 : Half 8 Nitro (Maiden :23 Dec 06)

Transmtter : JR PCM 9X II, Aggressor SRX
                  Charger : Tahmazo T15
                  Balancer : TP205
                  Battery :Thunder Power, FullRiver, Warbird

Comment

SH

but.. though the guide on the screen is backwards, my throttle still works from 6 o' clock (0%) to 12 o'clock (100%) leh.

Comment

dear all.. thanks for all your help.. yes.. its the thr-rev.. my fault

Comment

Originally posted by w_kby
                        Hi SH,

Just curious, why so unusual configuration? How is your idle up setting? Are there benefits or is it because of your rotor which you made to turns the other way around (anticlockwise)?
                        So far only microhelinut fall as victim to this configuration I still remember that very day we flying FEDA at AIS ... super hornet jus installed a new brushless on his FEDA. Ray asked to try the heli not knowing SH throttle is the other way round. Upon taking over the radio, he pulled the throttle stick all the way down We saw the heli flew up vertically, hit the roof and free falling down

Back to the unusual configuration, I manage to check w super hornet the other time. He telling me in real life heli, to get the heli lift up, the pilot pull the throttle up and towards oneself. So by having this unusual stick movement is actually closer to flying real life heli in his opinion. Not sure if this is the correct explanation

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by HZM
                          So far only microhelinut fall as victim to this configuration I still remember that very day we flying FEDA at AIS ... super hornet jus installed a new brushless on his FEDA. Ray asked to try the heli not knowing SH throttle is the other way round. Upon taking over the radio, he pulled the throttle stick all the way down We saw the heli flew up vertically, hit the roof and free falling down

Back to the unusual configuration, I manage to check w super hornet the other time. He telling me in real life heli, to get the heli lift up, the pilot pull the throttle up and towards oneself. So by having this unusual stick movement is actually closer to flying real life heli in his opinion. Not sure if this is the correct explanation

Mike
                          wah.. like that his radio better put a piece of paper with direction arrows like ID4.. else.. damn dangerous to touch his radio

Comment

Yup. I purposely make it like in real heli. Meaning pulling closer to pilot is taking off.

But if u are more into airplane, it is the other way round... that is push forward to have more throttle.

SH

Comment

BTW, there is no change in my idle up mode. In my idle up, 12oclock meaning full -ve pitch and 6oclock meaning full +ve pitch.

Come to think about it... Am I the only who fly TRex with main rotor blades spinning CounterClockwise (like in U.S. Made Heli)? Anyway, I get used to CCW and I like it.

SH

Comment

Working...
                              X