Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie advise

Hi all, newbie here goin to started this wonderful hobby of electric heli. Had browse this forum for few weeks be deciding to get the GWS 04' Dragonfly as my 1st micro heli. Now, i need advise on Tx. Am comparing mid end models between Sanwa RD8000, Hitec Eclipse7 and Futaba 7C. Will *old birds* here advise me on which is better to get, in terms of all aspects e.g performance, value? Also, how's the price range for these 3 models for whole tx package? (p.s me on budget, so dun suggest those higher ends tx)

if u are capable of paying for the rd8000, which is 500+ if i'm not wrong, then you might as well get the futaba 9chp or JR 9X from shs and hobby shack respectively. ask for transmitter alone. it's around that price too. u won't need the standard size reciever and servos anyway.

If your budget is around 400, then go for the rd6000 super. best value for money radio in 6 channel range.

Comment

i agree with ammo. if you can't afford the 700-800 buck 9chp and 9x, then i suggest a JR 8310 as a minimum. should be around 550 now.
      JR 9x
      Raptor 50 SE
      Raptor 90 3D
      Mini-Titan

Superb machine!

Piper Warrior 2 Pa-28-161
      Lycoming O-320-D3G 160HP

Pilatus PC-21
      Pratt & Whitney PT6A-64B 1600SHP

Comment

SHS and hobby shack sell the 9chp and 9x transmitters alone, so it'll be good to check with them.

Comment

Hi mugenrsg, welcome on board...

If you are tight on budget, do check out rotor, I remember someone telling me they package Hitec Eclipse 7 tx w HS-55 + electron rx .... $400++

Its not a bad deal considering u can use the rx and micro servo for your requirement.

Cheers

Mike

Comment

Hi mugenrsg

Welcome to this forum.

If you intended to go further than your Dragonfly in the future (like nitro chopper or Collective Pictch Chopper), then I would recommend you to go for better Transmitter (TX) now. U either go for TX only like 9CHP (Me and my friend, HotRod, got our 9CHP only at SHS at around $480.00). The one HZM mention about Rotor Hobby offer also not bad.

Super-Hornet

Comment

If budget permits, think 9CHP is the most popular radio here

I think the list is longggggggg.....

Mike

Comment

hhhmmm, looks like i'll go down to LHSs to check out those TXs that u guys recommend. Thx alot for the advises

Comment

Eclipse7 is quite powerful considering it's one of the top of the Hitec range....Flexible shiftings for use with JR/Airtronics or Futaba/hitec, and most importantly it's at the cheaper end. You can also have full compatibility with Futaba RX by changing the RF modules to Futaba's RF module.

2 programmable mixes in the TX allows rather powerful setups if you know how to work your way around the limitations. So far I still have not reach the full potential of my Eclipse7 TX, that's why i still cannot find a good reason to go buy a 9X.

Above all, like what the others had recommended, go for the best you can afford like the 9CHP or 9X.
                  [SIZE="1"]
                  [url]www.dxnmedia.net[/url]
                  Video Post Production | HD Acquisition | Media Consultant

[/SIZE]

Comment

can anyone here advise me on tx? I mean i know nuts about transmitters. Izzit the higher mhz the better? What about channels? Sorry to ask such silly questions...

Comment

Mike... maybe we can have a RC Newbies thread.. and put all the FAQ there?
                      huh

Comment

Originally posted by mugenrsg
                        can anyone here advise me on tx? I mean i know nuts about transmitters. Izzit the higher mhz the better? What about channels? Sorry to ask such silly questions...
                        Mhz is just personal preference.
                        However it might be good for you to know beforehand that 29Mhz(only legal freq in sg) has extremely limited choices of recievers.

Channels wise, get at least a 6 channel if u think u are going to fly for some time. the sanwa rd6000super is the best value for money with ccpm and 5 pt curves for heli and crow mixings for sailplanes.

Questions are not stupid, it is only stupid not to ask~~~

Comment

Originally posted by ammo

Questions are not stupid, it is only stupid not to ask~~~
                          Agreed... and it is taking so $@#$@#$@# long to fish for info in large forums... this place is getting quite a bit of data now.... and lots of chit-chats inserted too.... (hehe sollie!)
                          huh

Comment

Hi guys!

Just to share my inputs.

I went down to Hobby Shack and asked for the 9X transmitter, Amy told me $650.

SHS told me $495 for the transmitter. Both sets come with transmitter pack, wall charger.

I'm also looking out for a radio now, since I have already took a step into Heli. My list is sized down to only 2 radios; 9X & 9CHP.

Can anyone help to purchase the transmitter cheaper? I'm not ready yet to buy(short of cash right now) but anyone willing to help when I'm ready??

Alfie

Comment

maybe you can try ishiimokei.com think the 9x is very very cheap there compared to sg pricing...I last checked around $600++ with rx and servo, should be less than $700 inclusive of shipping and tax think if you only want the tx, get the set here and sell the rx and servos away and you should be able to save at least $100++...

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X