Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help - advice needed for Tx not working

my Optic 6 seem to having problem with the throttle. It is not responsing.

tried on 3 planes with BL motor setup. when I ON my Tx, the Rx side dont seem to pick up any signal for throttle, however all servo are working fine.

I even tried swaping the throttle to CH1 and servo to CH3, still the same, servo is responing but not the throttle.

Tried with different freq channel also the same.
    tried with fully charged lipo batt still the same prblm

however sometime, the BL motor will beep (the norm power on beep), but aft awhile it either remind silent or give a NO-signal beep

could it be my ESC is faulty? cannot be all 3 ESC also got problem rite?

anyone can advise me... it is time for me to get a new Tx?

I love my optic6.. it hv been with me for abt a yr now..

My 2 cents, which I'm sure you also know....

Since you have tried almost everything, I wonder if could it be that your throttle channel (channel 1) reversed? or your throttle channel subtrim not set to '0'.

Originally posted by Shark
    my Optic 6 seem to having problem with the throttle. It is not responsing.

tried on 3 planes with BL motor setup. when I ON my Tx, the Rx side dont seem to pick up any signal for throttle, however all servo are working fine.

I even tried swaping the throttle to CH1 and servo to CH3, still the same, servo is responing but not the throttle.

Tried with different freq channel also the same.
    tried with fully charged lipo batt still the same prblm

however sometime, the BL motor will beep (the norm power on beep), but aft awhile it either remind silent or give a NO-signal beep

could it be my ESC is faulty? cannot be all 3 ESC also got problem rite?

anyone can advise me... it is time for me to get a new Tx?

I love my optic6.. it hv been with me for abt a yr now..
    Heli
    Honey Bee CP2 : Sold (Maiden:17 Dec 05)
    Trex 450XL (CDE) : MM450TH, Quark 33A, GY401, JR RS10DS (Maiden : Align Frame - 1 Jul 06; SuperFrame - 29 Aug 06)

Plane
    Estarter : Align 450s, Align 25A, Electron 6 (Maiden :16 Sep 06)

PT-17w : Sold
    Buggy
    Acme NB 16 : Half 8 Nitro (Maiden :23 Dec 06)

Transmtter : JR PCM 9X II, Aggressor SRX
    Charger : Tahmazo T15
    Balancer : TP205
    Battery :Thunder Power, FullRiver, Warbird

Comment

Originally posted by w_kby
      My 2 cents, which I'm sure you also know....

Since you have tried almost everything, I wonder if could it be that your throttle channel (channel 1) reversed? or your throttle channel subtrim not set to '0'.
      hmm.. dun think so.. cos I pre-set my Optic6 to different planes in diff modes. and all dun work.

but I will go try to reverse the throttle and see if it works. thanks

Comment

hmm.. are you using PPM or QPCM? Make sure it is set to the correct setting.

Multiplex Parkmaster 3D
        Tarot 450SE V2

Comment

Originally posted by madflurry
          hmm.. are you using PPM or QPCM? Make sure it is set to the correct setting.
          it set to the correct mode and encoding. I have been using this Tx for more then 6 month.. think it is time to get a new Tx..

Comment

Looks like you have swap the electronics around enough to narrow down the source of the problem. Most likely the Optic 6 lor. You should borrow from your FF buddies their Tx (same freq) just to test out.

Another thing you could do is to open up your optic 6 and take look for simple problems like wire came off..(especially if the Tx has been swap from one mode to another, this can happen if the wires are not properly routed).

If you need some help on opening the Optic 6, I can post some photos to guide you. Please let me know.

CaN HeLp MuCh

Originally posted by Shark
            it set to the correct mode and encoding. I have been using this Tx for more then 6 month.. think it is time to get a new Tx..
            Heli
            Trex 450XL (CDE) : MM450TH, Quark 33A, GY401, JR RS10DS (Maiden : Align Frame - 1 Jul 06; SuperFrame - 29 Aug 06)

Plane

Buggy

Comment

thanks for all your help and advise.

it the faulty module. I replace it with a new module and the problem is resolve.

Comment

Tx Problem?

I was advised by FF biddies (also read from past threado) never to leave the Tx "on" with the antenna fully retracted as it will generate alot of heat at the final RF stage which may cause damage or shorted the life of your Tx.

However, when using my Tx as a SIM, I notice that for JR radios, I do not need to turn on the power switch of the Tx to operate the SIM. Also notice that my transmitter was not transmitting, threfore the RF section must have been disabled while using it as a SIM.

For the Optic 6, I am not sure if the RF is transmitting or not but I remember that I have to turn on the Tx switch to operate the SIM.

As a matter of good practice, I always extend the antenna (at least abit) before I switch on the Tx (even when I am using it as a SIM)

These are the relevant thread:

Discuss anything about RC electronics - Tx, Rx, Servo, ESC, BEC, FBL, NAV, Wire, Connector, Camera etc.

HoPe tHis Helps
                Heli

Plane

Buggy

Comment

Working...
                X