Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Of Everything

Hello all....I would like to find out the best of everything in the market right now for EP Micro Heli. Stufffs like Gyro, Servos, Kit (FP/CP), mixer(?)...How many of each?
    Practically stuffs I would need to built a new heli from scratch. Thank you very much.
    "Be NiCe tO tHe pEoPle yoU mEeT oN yOur Way Up. cAuSe yOu'll NeVer KnoW wHo YoU Will MeEt On yOuR WaY DoWn."

if you really buy the best for mirco heli, I would suggest you get a nitro one, easier to learn, more powerful price is not far away and might be even cheaper/same price to crash.

currently: best gyro is gy601+9251=$600++
    but for mirco, even 401+9253/9254 is more than enough liao, price=$300++
    servo wise normally people use futaba/hitec mini/micro, should be around $35-50 for one, you will need 3 or 4 depending on what servo you intend to use on the tail. Some people squeeze in normal digital servos at the tail, some use mini servo.
    if you get a good tx, you can save the mixer, but still must buy a speed controller, price range is too big for me to say, coz you should know lah, brushless and brushed are so different in pricing.
    Charger, lipo...depending on what size you go for, the price will differ, but don't think it can ever go under $100, coz a 3p pack already hundred liao...

sigpic

Comment

best of everything

JR 10 x or futaba 9 wcII --in access of 2k

servo: hs 50- 50 bucks each you will need about 4
      gyro : 401: 200buck need 1 unit
      esc: cc10/25 --120 -140buck
      hot motor: hacker!!!! anything from 220 to 400
      battery: lipos 3s 1p ( 80 -90 bucks )
      high end german lipo charger : in access of 400
      power supply for charger : 100
      High end heli : Hornet 2 with full CNC head : over 700 bucks

hope it helps
      i'm a rc sotong. And i know nuts about it.

Comment

Thanx guys for the inputs. KKeep it comming. Need to use them as a guide for my next heli....
        "Be NiCe tO tHe pEoPle yoU mEeT oN yOur Way Up. cAuSe yOu'll NeVer KnoW wHo YoU Will MeEt On yOuR WaY DoWn."

Comment

For a CP machine the best still goes to the H2. Capable of almost any manouvers.
          A stock H2 will do everything. All you need is good batteries and power plant. See this: stock H2 flown by Eric

If I were to get the best H2 for the money it would be the following set up:

batteries: TP 1350 Gen 2
          Motor: Hacker B20-22S or AXI 2208/20 or MS Twister
          ESC: Castle creations Phoenix 10 for the Hacker and MS116 controller for the AXI and twister motors
          Gyro: GY401 (ease of setup, more tolerant of an imperfect tail setup) or MS044 (trickier to set up)
          Servos: Futaba S3108's or JR Digital Micro servos

Hop ups:
          -One Way unit with the Hacker setup
          -Duzi Bell Hiller mixer
          -If using the AXI or twister motor drop the cash for a Duzi AXI m ount with one way
          -MS weighted blades E489 or Walts weighted H2 blades

This setup is the best bang for the buck.. will do anything you can throw at it, only limited by the skill of the pilot. The other DUZI hop ups like CCPM servo mounts, tail servo clamps and aluminum head parts are not required. Some just add bling and more durability wherelse others provides ease of maintenance.
          -Feda Dragonfly
          -Hornet 2
          -Pilot OK Turmeric
          -Zoom Zoom 4D
          -Sceadu EVO 50: OS50, Hatori521, Revmax,
          -Hornet X3D
          -Hornet X3D (yet to setup!)
          -Formosa 1
          -World Models Spot On 50
          -HB King 2
          -World Models Groovy 50 F3A
          -RICCS F18 EDF