>
    >
    > Product ID: XPS-CPJ1-8
    >
    > Product Name: 2.4Ghz JR combo pack w/8 channel receiver
    >
    >
    >
    > I got a question on above product use on JR9XII.
    >
    > Is there a reason why the JR9XII ‘s stock Antenna has to be remove
    > while using the XPS-CPJ1-8 ?
    >
    > Would there be any damage to TX if the Antenna is not remove while
    > using
    > XPS-CPJ1-8 ?

XPS tech support replied to me just now, very quick respond
    The reason is that it is required under law that only a single antenna system can be in use.
    JR9XII PCM 72.xxx n XPS n FRSKY 2.4GHz

me is " Kancheong spider "

Comment

Thanks a lot tech support,
      > But is it under US law ?
      > Which mean other side of the world can still have two antenna. So can
      > I say that it will not damage the TX if stock antenna is not remove ?

No, it won't damage the antenna, but the range of the system will be significantly reduced.

Comment

The tech support from XPS is dam fast is respond to your mail
        quick got any more question to ask

Comment

well, when i first saw your post, i thought that having the stock antenna removed is only because of LAW and not related to technical issues.... but then your next post on their reply seems to be related to technical related...

so to sum up, basically having stock antenna on with XPS module will significant reduced the range... (forget abt the US law, not applicable here. haha )

I think i will do a range test when i receive the module to see what is the range with the stock antenna on. I am flying helis, so i wouldn't fly too far away anyways...

Comment

Flew my Heli with the XPS Module + the stock 9XII antenna.. I think I realized the antenna was on after 3 flight.. Flight was normal, but the module is warm.. Don't know what that means.. Anyway, just to let you guys know..

Originally posted by mh3400
            Thanks a lot tech support,
            > But is it under US law ?
            > Which mean other side of the world can still have two antenna. So can
            > I say that it will not damage the TX if stock antenna is not remove ?

No, it won't damage the antenna, but the range of the system will be significantly reduced.

Comment

Originally posted by tucfaz
              Flew my Heli with the XPS Module + the stock 9XII antenna.. I think I realized the antenna was on after 3 flight.. Flight was normal, but the module is warm.. Don't know what that means.. Anyway, just to let you guys know..
              Hi bro, was that with the Raptor or Mini T? And how far did u fly with the stock antenna installed? And was the module warm if the stock antenna were removed?

THanks.

Comment

Alternate between the Raptor and Mini-T.. distance is not far.. like 50 - 100M meters??.. Notice that my module was warm with the stock antenna installed on this particular day.. And no, the module is not warm in normal usage, which is without the stock antenna

Originally posted by pck
                Hi bro, was that with the Raptor or Mini T? And how far did u fly with the stock antenna installed? And was the module warm if the stock antenna were removed?

THanks.

Comment

It very simple ! .....you are driving (radiating) 2 RF signals, one 2.4 and the other ?!?? dunno what freq RF ! ....IDA wun be happy ! ....that the 'Law' part !

If you tried running 2 motors in series, you'll know that the power will be half .....thus assuming your Tx generates 250 Mv power, it will have to share this between the 2 outputs/antennas and you have reduced output power ....and that's the reduced range part.

Aiyah ! ....take out the normal antenna, use it strictly as a 2.4G system and buy another Tx for your regular Pin frequency Rx !
                  Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostfit
                    It very simple ! .....you are driving (radiating) 2 RF signals, one 2.4 and the other ?!?? dunno what freq RF ! ....IDA wun be happy ! ....that the 'Law' part !

If you tried running 2 motors in series, you'll know that the power will be half .....thus assuming your Tx generates 250 Mv power, it will have to share this between the 2 outputs/antennas and you have reduced output power ....and that's the reduced range part.

Aiyah ! ....take out the normal antenna, use it strictly as a 2.4G system and buy another Tx for your regular Pin frequency Rx !
                    yeah, reasonable explanation. Thanks! But I won't buy another TX just for regular pin freq rx.... whole idea of getting a universal TX is so that i don't have to maintain multiple TXs for the helis.. so i guess i have slowly migrate my Rxs to 2.4Ghz...

Comment

Originally posted by pck
                      yeah, reasonable explanation. Thanks! But I won't buy another TX just for regular pin freq rx.... whole idea of getting a universal TX is so that i don't have to maintain multiple TXs for the helis.. so i guess i have slowly migrate my Rxs to 2.4Ghz...
                      I have too many RC projects laying around and going competely 2.4G is gonna cost a BOMB ! ....I'll have to run both 2.4G and regular Freq Tx to save cost. I'll be running 2.4G on those 'Big and nasty' nitro and electric helis and high dollars value airplanes and the regular Freq with the micro EP Helis and flat-foamie planes !
                      Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostfit
                        I have too many RC projects laying around and going competely 2.4G is gonna cost a BOMB ! ....I'll have to run both 2.4G and regular Freq Tx to save cost. I'll be running 2.4G on those 'Big and nasty' nitro and electric helis and high dollars value airplanes and the regular Freq with the micro EP Helis and flat-foamie planes !
                        yah lah, uncle Tony. You sure have a lot of 'toys' to play with.

From Balsa Wood to Foamies,
                        From Helis to planes,
                        From Nitros to Electics!

I wonder how you managed to convince your wife to let you keep so many things and still never kenna complain!

Care to share your secret recipe?

Comment

Just visited the XPS website. Noticed that Singapore has been taken out from the "Country" list in checkout. Strange... Lucky I ordered earlier...

Comment

Yep.. Just check.. Singapore is out of the list.. Lucky I've got what I wanted. Anyway, I guess sales to Singapore is either too little but with too much "Complain" or trouble, or that someone here have struck a deal with them.

Originally posted by basher
                            Just visited the XPS website. Noticed that Singapore has been taken out from the "Country" list in checkout. Strange... Lucky I ordered earlier...

Comment

Yep.. Just check.. Singapore is out of the list.. Lucky I've got what I wanted. Anyway, I guess sales to Singapore is either too little but with too much "Complain" or trouble, or that someone here have struck a deal with them.
                              I am going to send them an email to enquire about this.

Comment

or that someone here have struck a deal with them.
                                Yup, I heard one of the LHS has taken dealership. Those who did not get to order earlier gotta suck thumb n get from LHS.

As wat I had earlier mentioned.....................

Comment

Working...
                                X