Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motor cuts off in flight?

Hi,

I have a GWS slowstick with EPS400C power system. ESC is GWS ICS-480, and i use a 3s 1500mah kokams pack.

The problem is that anywhere between 5-30 seconds in flight the motor will lose power, while the servos are still powered. Reseting the throttle to idle for a few seconds will remedy this, the motor being able to run again before the same problem happens.

The setup runs fine when i use NiMH batts. I understand that the ics-480 can be used with 3s packs. Could anyone help my identify the cause of the problem? I would really appreciate any help.

btw the tx is a futaba 6XHA and rx is futaba R136F.

thanks!

Sorry, I don think GWS esc is rate 10 cell ( 3 S Equivalent )... they cover up to 9.6V / 8 cell. Its the BEC that gave way, happen to me 2 weeks ago and I performed 2 unintentional flip on my spitfire Scare me to death

Mike

Comment

First, you already spoiled the lipo pack, this is becoz you over draw it and it will not hold the original capacity any more. Please read the lipo guide on "battery & charger" forum and ICS 480 with lipo

happy flying
      jason
      VXR Racing

Jason Koh

Comment

hmm i was told by the seller that ics-480 can work with my 3s kokams and he has tried it himself before. Anyway now my esc wont even work properly with a normal 6cell NiMH pack. Think its gone...

So i'll have to get a proper esc? could you recomend one that will work with a 3s pack? don't need to be fanciful... just one that works. thansk!

Comment

Hi just my 2cents if you want to use lipo with brushed motor. Recommended to get a P20 from CC. As it allow you to program the cut off voltage which is improtant for lipo cell to prevent over discharge. On the other hand, it will cost you more.

Comment

Hi all

I think the sudden cut off is not due to overcurrent or LVC for the motor. I think it is the BEC overcurrent/therma shutdown instead.

Super-Hornet

Comment

How can you tell if a Lipo pack is spoilt?

Btw the ESC doesnt even get hot in flight... when i land its still cool to touch. Thanks for the help anyways. really appreciate!

Comment

Working...
              X