Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

9chp charging time

Dear all,
    Any fellow member using futaba 9chp? Would like to know from fellow user what's the charging time for the tx? what's the endurance time (usage) for the tx when it was in full charge? Just want to get the process right in order not to have my tx batt killed. Advice greatly appreciated.

With the stock charger, the time is 15hours.
    Don't PCW

Beam E4
    Flybarless Trex 600N VBAR 4.0 | OS50 Hyper
    Trex 700 LE | YS91SR3C

Comment

is it a initial one time 15 hr charge?? say i did a 15 hrs on a new batt, afterwhich tx was use until it hit 8.5 v. than i'll proceed to charge for 1 or 2 hr till full charge?? or have to go back to basic 15hr charge till full??

Comment

As a guideline, I would charge it a full 15hours after a flying day.
        It really wont harm the pack even if you do not completely discharge the pack since the charge rate is so low (1/10C)
        Leaving the battery on the charger for a whole day wouldn't hurt it either but dont overdo it
        Don't PCW

Beam E4
        Trex 700 LE | YS91SR3C

Comment

thks man will keep that in mind. Btw how long does it takes to reach 8.5v from full charge with the tx on, tx usage time i mean.if the batt voltage drop to 8.5v from 10.9v in a few minute time therefore the batt is unserviceable i assume.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomahawk
            thks man will keep that in mind. Btw how long does it takes to reach 8.5v from full charge with the tx on, tx usage time i mean.if the batt voltage drop to 8.5v from 10.9v in a few minute time therefore the batt is unserviceable i assume.
            My hunch would be that it should be around 2hours to be safe...i have never really tested mine to see how long it lasts. Sorry

Im not very sure what your 2nd sentence meant, but if you meant that the battery is dead(unsalvageable) if its voltage drops from 10.9V to 8.5V in a few minutes, you're wrong.

Just charge again and you're ready to fly. And remember to stop once the tx displays 9.0V. It takes only a while for it to drop to 8.5V
            Don't PCW

Beam E4
            Trex 700 LE | YS91SR3C

Comment

Thks

Comment

Working...
              X