• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

29Mhz Micro RX

i only have to option for my 29mhz micro RX
    and they are :

FEIGAO
    only motor chan brings it in. tried it be4 and used it for 4 months and BOOM! its not workable anymore.

AIRTECNIC
    brought in by Jet Hobby. Need reviews about it from any DH forum members who have tried it before.

hope someone can help me out with this decision. don't wish to change module as it cost more $$$ and im tight on budget.
    + i ` k a l +

Transmitter
    p c m 9 x
    RC Kite
    S c o r p i o n
    A L P H A B a b y
    Ice cream prototype

Hi go to this link on discussion between different brand of TX and RX .

Discuss anything about RC electronics - Tx, Rx, Servo, ESC, BEC, FBL, NAV, Wire, Connector, Camera etc.

My advise the same =No ...too risky. Hv bad experience...also stuff from C-Hobby ...kit maybe ok but electronic stuff I think thrice if I were you.

Go for reputable brand and stick to originals even if it cost more.

Think how much it will cost you if you crash a expensive plane badly because of a mismach TX and Rx when your plane is in the air! This has happened to me and my friend.

Cheers

Comment

Futaba does have a range of 29mhz rx.

I remember they have FM 4Ch micro rx. Is a little pricey compare to rest of the brand but it should give you some level of assurance

Cheers

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by blurchaoz
        i only have to option for my 29mhz micro RX
        and they are :

FEIGAO
        only motor chan brings it in. tried it be4 and used it for 4 months and BOOM! its not workable anymore.

AIRTECNIC
        brought in by Jet Hobby. Need reviews about it from any DH forum members who have tried it before.

hope someone can help me out with this decision. don't wish to change module as it cost more $$$ and im tight on budget.
        My 1st time change to use non Futaba Rx. Tried Airtecnic 29MHz on my 3D Electric plane with 4 Airtecnic servos, MGM ESC on AXI motor.

So far so good.

I do have glitch on Futaba 4ch/6ch micro RX on my Interceptor, SCM Cub and F86. So the best bet I can say is:
        - Go for PCM if you are serious and have enough space. No single fair or glitch on me so far
        - Don't use micro RX if you on glow.
        - Place the RX away from any other electronic at all cost to minimise glitch

Just my 2cents.

Hope I have time to transfer the Airtecnic to the Interceptor to see if I still have the glitch.

But.... I have no idea about the reliability in terms of usage life. For Futaba brand... is what i can say.

So, this is not just a brand issue that you have to consider but the $$ issue and PCM or PPM selection. sorry to add to the complication

So make it simple:
        Go for PCM RX if space allowed. you may spend more but hey this is a hobby that you want to enjoy. One crash due to glitch on PPM Rx is as good as you are buying a PCM RX so it is just a number game

Comment

Hi , On the small and light weight RX FM R114F for electric flight So far no glitch unless someone uses the same freq and don't fly too far.

SH offer a 6 cH pcm TX and a 6channel micro RX FM R156F for 185 bucks ,no servo no charger.
          TX can be programmed for fm or PCM mode.

The Futaba micro RX has short range when the TX antenna is colapse about 10 to 15 pace especially if the ground is wet but once in the air and Tx ant extended everything works fine.
          That is better than the Clone Rx I had when everything was OK during ground check but in the air....no control... crash.

Cheers

Comment

im aware that Futaba has 29mhz Rx but the thing is that im a JR user.
            as i know JR is on the positive shift and Futaba is on the Negative shift.
            how will the Futaba Rx work if i got to use it when there is a different between shift.
            the reason why i choose this PPM Rx which is Feigao and airtecnic is because i heard that they are compatible.
            it is really hard to get a 29Mhz Micro Rx for the particular JR brand because it just dosen't exist in the LHS.
            + i ` k a l +

Transmitter
            p c m 9 x
            RC Kite
            S c o r p i o n
            A L P H A B a b y
            Ice cream prototype

Comment

My friend uses a JR TX and Feigao RX nearly crash his plane.
              On the ground ok , in the air ok but comes to landing at a certain height and Tx ant at certain angle plane will glitch and go crazy. Not sure which frequencies ...I think it was 40Mhz so hopefully it does not happen on the 29Mhz .

Just try out on a cheapo plane first and good luck.

Cheers

Comment

how will the Futaba Rx work if i got to use it when there is a different between shift.
                the reason why i choose this PPM Rx which is Feigao and airtecnic is because i heard that they are compatible.
                it is really hard to get a 29Mhz Micro Rx for the particular JR brand because it just dosen't exist in the LHS.
                Oh....... sad to say Jr had limited range of 29mhz rx micro rx or do they have it ..... I sold off my Jr 29mhz system the other time and hop onto gray freq band all bcos of this micro rx availability issue....

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon5
                  My friend uses a JR TX and Feigao RX nearly crash his plane.
                  On the ground ok , in the air ok but comes to landing at a certain height and Tx ant at certain angle plane will glitch and go crazy. Not sure which frequencies ...I think it was 40Mhz so hopefully it does not happen on the 29Mhz .

Just try out on a cheapo plane first and good luck.

Cheers
                  i've tried the Feigao already as stated for 4 months. no problem at all. there wasnt any glitches on my Rc Kite which i mounted it on. i should say it actually perform very well like my normal JR Rx. but one day when i wanted to fly it, my Feigao Rx just died out.
                  + i ` k a l +

Transmitter
                  p c m 9 x
                  RC Kite
                  S c o r p i o n
                  A L P H A B a b y
                  Ice cream prototype

Comment

Originally posted by HZM
                    Oh....... sad to say Jr had limited range of 29mhz rx micro rx or do they have it ..... I sold off my Jr 29mhz system the other time and hop onto gray freq band all bcos of this micro rx availability issue....

Mike
                    hi mike,

may i know what is a gray frequency band?
                    yup i agree with the limitation of 29Mhz Micro Rx for JR.
                    im abit confused why LHS in singapore just dont bring in more range of 29Mhz micro Rx in singapore, since its the legal frequency over here...
                    + i ` k a l +

Transmitter
                    p c m 9 x
                    RC Kite
                    S c o r p i o n
                    A L P H A B a b y
                    Ice cream prototype

Comment

oops! I was assuming you are on Futaba. Apology

No comments on JR as I don't have any usage experince at all. The bright side is you have more brand option but on 29MHz that will limit your choice as well... wow another complication.. what a hobby we are enjoying

Comment

Ever considered changing to a 40 Mhz TX module ? ....Now, that's another Option !
                        Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

Comment

i've not made that decision since the day i bought my transmitter. hehe
                          my frens haf told me to do so. but of cos a module cost $$$.. then to get a new micro Rx cost another $$$ plus after that i still need a 9 channel Rx for my Gas Plane.
                          so $$$ plays a big part for me in this hobby as im still a student and have to support $$$ for my own hobby.. mummy and daddy stop to Sponser $$$ for hobby for quite some time.
                          + i ` k a l +

Transmitter
                          p c m 9 x
                          RC Kite
                          S c o r p i o n
                          A L P H A B a b y
                          Ice cream prototype

Comment

I consider freq other then 29mhz as "Gray"

Am on 72mhz as oversea had the widest range of micro rx

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by HZM
                              I consider freq other then 29mhz as "Gray"

Mike
                              How about 27Mhz ? ......GOT you there did'nt I ?
                              Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

Comment

Working...
                              X