Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eclipse7 with Futaba module

Just to let anyone interested to know, Eclipse 7 TX works fine with Futaba's module.

Reason why someone would use Futaba's module on Hitec TX is because Hitec original modules for 40mhz is not so compatible with futaba RX because of the 40.xx5mhz and 40.xx0mhz difference on the crystals used.

From my experience & after wasting some $$$ to find out, Futaba RX dun like 40.xx5 crystals, and Hitec TX units dun like 40.xx0mhz crystals.

[SIZE="1"]
    [url]www.dxnmedia.net[/url]
    Video Post Production | HD Acquisition | Media Consultant

[/SIZE]

Hi all

Addition to that (I also wasted huge $$$ in crystal. Will put on sales soon), Futaba Crystal (Single conversion) should work on Hitec RX.

Super-Hornet

Comment

yep...Hitec rx units are more flexible....they accept futaba's 40.xx0 crystals, and of course, Hitec's own 40.xx5 series too.

However, when it comes to Hitec's Dual conv rx units, they will only accept Hitec's brand of crystals. That's why if you go to Rotor's Hitec page, the Hitec dual conv. RX crystals are available in both 40.xx5 (for use with Hitec's own tx) as well as 40.xx0 (for use with Futaba's TX).

Confusing at first, but after paying for a self-taught lesson, you'll understand...
      [SIZE="1"]

[/SIZE]

Comment

dunno why it didn't work on Aceviperx's module with my TX...maybe will try again after he do up his hornet....dying to invert!

TREX 500 ESP
        Futaba T12FGH

Comment

Bernard how?

TREX 500 ESP
          Futaba T12FGH

Comment

You mean Hitec module into your Futaba 9CHP??

is it in 40mhz band? Coz only 40mhz band have this stupid problem with 40.xx0 & 40.xx5. Futabas in general dun like 40.xx5 freq. The rest of the freq all in xx.xx0, even for 29 & 72, or even 35.
            [SIZE="1"]

[/SIZE]

Comment

why Futaba 72MHz single conversion crystal cannot use on Hitec single conversion receiver...
              Team RCFlipMaster

Comment

Hi makuang

For what I know, Single conversion Futaba Crystal can work with Single Conversion Hitec RX. It is the Dual conversion that is not working but that is understandable due to dual conversion actually has 2 Filter or IF tuner. If i'm not wrong, if u open up dual conversion RX, u will see that inside also consist of more than 1 crystal also.

Super-Hornet

Comment

I'm not familiar with 72mhz, but technically from what I gathered, single conv. crystals from Futaba should be able to work with hitec single conv. RX.

Been there and done that, tested & proven..at least for 40mhz...Anything more, I dunno..

Makuang, you're a ham, so you should know better?!
                  All the stage 1 filtering and stage 2 filtering, super heterodyne conversion, PLL, etc....too chiem....I dun care as long as they work for me.
                  [SIZE="1"]

[/SIZE]

Comment

Working...
                  X