Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Hitec QPCM glitch free?

Hi guys,

Just want to know, is the Hitec QPCM Rx is glitch free?
    And is the servo response faster while using QPCM Rx?
    Considering to replace my Electron6 to Hitec QPCM
    Thanks for your valuable input.

rkte

Sometimes, glitches is not cause by the rx. But the channel you are on. Even though there are no flyers having the same frequency standing near you, it doesn't mean there isn't a non RC electronic device using that exact frequncy near by. Sometimes even lawn mowers motor can create so much radio interference too, competing with the low power signals from our tx.

Alot of people complains about electron 6. As for some, like myself, I don't have glitches when I use a electron 6. Neither do I add any 'donuts'/'polo' or any signal enhacing gadgets to them. The only issue I have with 1 out of 6 electron 6s, is after a bad crash, the glitches appear. From hitec forum, it says there is a ceremic chip inside that may crack if the crash is very bad. To be fair, when a bad crash occurs, any eletronic are also prone to damage.

If you really want a channel free of glitches, the best bet is specktrum. But still, it still can't garentee anything if there is a high tension device near by or a loud mechanical engine chunking out a band of harmonics distorting everything.

----
    just 1cent of my thought
    huh

Comment

Hi nic,
      Thanks for your advise.
      Btw, I just bought the QPCM Rx, a bit tight to place on Trex, I will test it out this coming friday

Comment

a lot of people don't realise that if they mount the RX onto the heli without cushioning, there will be vibrations at high RPMS, which will cause "glitching" effect. Your servos will move randomly. I tested it myself without blades when trying to fix some problems, then i cushion with a sponge and everything was fixed

So, do take a look at the way you mount ur RX.

Comment

i bet there are lots of factors that create glitches. in the past my trex using electron6 gave me lots of glitches. i reposition my esc and rx. I am using tape to covered all exposing terminals. but of cos before i tape them, it is already covered in shrinking tube. i guess its a trial and error process

Comment

Symphonics, how does covering all the wires help reduce glitches? A perfectly honest question.

BTW you're staying in the Joo Chiat area? I'm staying close to East Shore Hospital.
            F5D Stratair Viper Triple Carbon
            F5D Stratair Demon
            F5D Jibe
            Jiri Bachinski Escape Pylon
            Voodoo S400
            Kyosho Phantom 70 Reno racer
            La Racer 56

Comment

Originally posted by AceViperX
              Symphonics, how does covering all the wires help reduce glitches? A perfectly honest question.

BTW you're staying in the Joo Chiat area? I'm staying close to East Shore Hospital.
              i not too sure if it is really useful in reducing glitches, but after covering the expose parts and reposition the location of rx, glitches is gone.

I am staying near haig girls primary school. btw where do u usually fly?

Comment

Bishan for electrics and everywhere else for nitro. You fly nitro too?
                F5D Stratair Viper Triple Carbon
                F5D Stratair Demon
                F5D Jibe
                Jiri Bachinski Escape Pylon
                Voodoo S400
                Kyosho Phantom 70 Reno racer
                La Racer 56

Comment

Originally posted by AceViperX
                  Bishan for electrics and everywhere else for nitro. You fly nitro too?

bishan thats quite far. i fly my trex at the field next to haig girls school. my raptor 30 at tampiness bike park

Comment

Working...
                  X