Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS55 questions

hi, i am new to the RC scene and my grandfather recently bought me a multiplex easyglider electric. in the building instructions, it says that 2 multiplex "Tiny" and "Nano" servos were required. as multiplex servos were harder to find in singapore, i checked out the requirements and found that the hitec servos 2 HS55 and 2 HS81 would do the trick as they were of the exact same specifications. however i would like to ask if i could use 4 HS-55 servos instead. can anyone please advise me in building as i don't want to buy the wrong electronics and end up screwing up my entire glider.

I not sure about Easy Glider, but based on what u said on HS-55, I would recommend u to go for HS-65 instead. Better performance and higher torque than HS-55. Furthermore, the diamension is the same.

SH

Comment

Sometime back I had an easy glider. I went with HS-55 for aileron and HS-81 for rudder & Elevator The weight saving by using HS-55 for rudder and elevator isnt that significant. But I am more comfortable with using higher torque servo for this 2 control. I had sold the easy glider off to a fellow member and he is enjoying it

Cheers

Mike

Comment

rudder only controls

I am flying my easy glider with 2 HS81s for elevator and rudder only (No ailerons control).

It flys pretty well and is able to be fully controlled.

If cost is the concern, then perhaps you may want to consider this setup.

So far have stripped the gears on my Rudder servo twice, perhaps this is the penatly, so if you want to go this setup, I recommend a metal gear HS81 for the rudder job.

Cost is about 20 bucks more then the standard HS81, however still cheaper than another 2 HS55s and the servo Y wire plus extensions.

Cheers
        72.790 MHz

Comment

ok thanks. what i meant was if i could use ALL HS-55s for all the controls. would it be different? i think budget isn't really a great concern but i'm just wondering. i'm a newb and i haven't really learnt to fly and stuff. haha this is my first building project and i don't wanna screw it up. besides, 14 year olds don't know too much. ;)

Comment

Working...
          X